1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED [FS] Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton lens

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by Bolampau, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

0   0   0

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Hi Folks,
    FS: Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton lens

I need to rationalize as I've already got the Zeiss 35mm ZM so have not used the Voigtlander Nokton Classic lens much. It's the multi-coated version. I only bought it new a few weeks ago.

It's in mint condition and comes with both caps, manual and original packaging.
    £400 GBP plus p&p e.g. £10 in UK.

CV35 F1.4.

2. Luiz Curcino

Luiz Curcino TalkEmount Veteran

0   0   0

Apr 27, 2012
    Uberlandia-MG Brasil
    Hi, Bolampau ! I guess the main deciding factor of the Nokton would be its size, and its price. It is smaller and looks great in nex5n...
    But you've done tests to compare quality photos?

3. Bolampau

0   0   0

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Hi Luiz,
    Yes I agree the Nokton is a great lens but my reason for selling is that it is more suited to people/street photography due to its classic rendering wide-open. Whereas, the Zeiss is better for landscape & architectural work, which is what I need.

Obviously, I'd like to keep both lenses but I can't afford to, so I have to sell the Nokton:(
    Cheers,
    Paul

4. Luiz Curcino

0   0   0

Apr 27, 2012
    Uberlandia-MG Brasil
    Hi, Bolampau,
    I agree the Zeiss ZM is better in IQ. The Nokton is better for street photography because it is more discreet. Here this link for a discussion about the Nokton 35 vs Zeiss ZM 35:
    Zeiss ZM 35mm Biogon F2 vs Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 35mm at F1.4

I have the 40mm Nokton and also some 35mm lenses... I need to do some testing to see which lens I stay with. I have a CZJ 35/2, Canon FD 35/2, Leica R 35/2.8... I need to get rid of them and stick with just one.

I have many lenses stored in the drawer...

Cheers,
    Luiz

5. Bolampau

0   0   0

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Thanks Luiz,
    very interesting to read the link and I agree with their summary.

I live in the 'middle of nowhere' in the english countryside so don't do much street photography, so the Zeiss is definitely my preferred lens. Cost wise the Nokton is great value for money though especially with its build quality being as good as the Zeiss lens!

By the way, you've got a great selection of 35mm lenses there! In your place, I'd enjoy comparing them against each other! My bet is that the CZJ 35/2 is best!?
    Cheers,
    Paul

6. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

0   0   0

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Would love to have one of these! I quite like the rendering and also the barrel design. Unfortunately it becomes roughly a 50mm equivalent on the NEX cameras, and this simply isn't my focal length. I love 'real' 35mm or sometimes even wider.

Just out of curiosity as I never had a CV lens: How smooth is the focus ring? Could you maybe compare it to something most people have (e.g. the NEX kit lens, for example)?

7. Bolampau

0   0   0

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Hi Poki,
    yep, I can understand your preference for a 'real' 35mm but there are times when you need that extra bit of reach and 50mm is also useful as it is approximately the same view our eyes see.

The build quality of CV lenses are exceptional and superior to NEX lenses. They have all metal barrels with no plastic whatsoever (apart from the lens caps!). The focus ring is as smooth as silk and not loose, it also has a focus tab to make focusing easier and quicker. The aperture ring clicks nicely at half-stop increments. The only thing I don't like is the fiddly front lens cap!
    Cheers,
    Paul

8. Luiz Curcino

0   0   0

Apr 27, 2012
    Uberlandia-MG Brasil
    Hi Poki, I agree with Paul.
    I have two CV lenses: 40mm and 15mm. The focus ring is smooth in both.

I really like the CV 15mm lens. I put the aperture of f5.6 or f8 and go out to shoot without worrying about focus. Everything is in focus. It's a great wide angle lens.

9. Bolampau

0   0   0

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Price dropped to £355 + P&P

10. Bolampau

0   0   0

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England