frost

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Bimjo, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Hi guys! New member with a new NEX-5N. Trying to figure things out. Much different than the DSLR. :) Got the camera yesterday afternoon & was out first thing this morning shooting frost on the car window. I'm not positive that the focus is bang on, but it's still early and I'm still trying to get a feel for the camera.

Please let me know what you think, particularly about the focus. This is with the 18-55 btw.

frost111111_01.

frost111111_02.

frost111111_03.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Couple of things to consider with clarity: Focus, camera shake, lens, shutter speed and focal length.

Your focus seems to be spot on, center sharpness and clarity are good specially with the second photo,did you use the peaking function or just fully manual?

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Yeah, the shutter speeds are pretty slow, but this is off a tripod so it shouldn't make a huge difference. I tried both peaking and magnification, as well as autofocus.

It may well be me just needing to get used to how the pics look vs. my K20. Thanks for the looksee & the comments.

Jim

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Brrr, bundle up.

5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    It was a balmy 21° when I took these. I was trying not to goof around much as I was grossly underdressed for the conditions. That 50 foot walk back to the house near to killed me! ;)

6. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hahaha! :D