1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

From Nikon EM to Nex-C3 to NEX-6!!

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Javcky, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Javcky

Javcky TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 17, 2012
    So recently took the dive and purchased the NEX 6. I am already in love. I opted to get the body only and purchased a like new black 18-55mm lens for now but will grab a few primes over next few months as I can afford them. This camera is sexy with the lens and I love the look and feel of this camera and the grip IS WORTH IT! The grip allows me to just fling the camera around effortlessly. The EVF is nice and the manual controls are icing on the cake. I have also used it with my older Nikon lenses for my EM and it works quite well! I need to get the aperture ring on one of them fixed but otherwise I am happy :)

Anyways Cheers!! I may be posting some pics soon but in the meantime just wanted to hear what other NEX 6 users are thinking about their cameras?

--Jav

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Congrats on the new cam Jav, I'm sure you'll come to like it even more over time. :)

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome and enjoy

4. The Sparrow

The Sparrow TalkEmount Regular

Apr 13, 2013
    Central Canada
    I was a Nikon EM owner too! Remember? The camera that goes beup beup.
    How far things have come!

5. Jazzer

Jazzer TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    New York
    Larry
    Congrats on the new purchase. I just received my NEX 6 a few days ago also. I'm really liking it from the little bit I have used it so far. It just feels very comfortable to me and it's simply fun to use. Enjoy!

6. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    Another former Nikon film SLR guy, here. I arrived at NEX by way of a couple P&S cameras and a Canon DSLR. Now that I get to use manual lenses, I feel like I'm home again! :biggrin:

7. Javcky

Javcky TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 17, 2012
    Ha ha! I do remember! The snap, click then wind after each picture :p. Things have come along way. Anyways some pics soon to come! Anyone else new to NEX 6? Feel free to post your experience or share your excitement. What do you guys like about it?

8. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    Welcome and congrats for your nex6, :)