1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

FredMiranda forums...it sucks..all freakin know it all snobs

Discussion in 'Coffee Bar' started by shaolin95, Sep 23, 2013.

1. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Sorry for ranting but I have had it with that lame forum...some know it all losers that only think what they do is awesome and put down everything else.
    Never again will I post there. I tried a few times and got sick of it. :mad:
    Just will reserve my post to the nice crowd around here ! :biggrin:

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Yeah, dunno what it is about the Internets that seems to bring out the worst in humans. But it sure is nice to find a place like this. :groups_cuddle:

3. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Indeed it is. I guess is frustrated people that in real life dont have the courage to stand up to anyone and do it online to get it off their chest . :D
    Good to have this board! :thumbup:

4. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    It's interesting how that is, although photography boards have nothing on political or tech boards. There's the reverse of it too though. Many people are far to sensitive to what they read too.

I'm actually far nicer on the internet than I am face-to-face. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Fiddler

Fiddler TalkEmount Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    Edinburgh
    Colin
    I've been known to say, "The internet is just a big hole that everybody shouts into," but that fits some parts of it more than others. Lol.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    While not actively participating in the discussion there, I do go there from time to time to read the discussions, and yes there are a lot of people there who are...well...let's just say that they are 'very opinionated', however the same can be said with other places like DPreview, some of the comments left at Steve Huff, RF Forum, Digital Rev, etc..etc..etc.. an it all stems from lack of respect, lack of information, narrow mindedness, and EGO.

• Like Like x 2
  7. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    Tom
    Yup, I have not bothered to go to DPreview in years, thanks to the unpleasant environment there. It's simply not worth my time to separate the worthwhile comments from the nonsense and vituperation of the trolls. I went to Fred Miranda's site once some years ago, and haven't been back since.

There are a few forums that are nice enough but don't seem to have much real substance, so I visit those places on occasion, but not frequently. The only photography discussion forums that I make an effort to visit regularly these days are Talknex, Photoclubalpha, The-Online-Photographer, and the Lightroom forum on Luminous-Landscape.

Ironically, The-Online-Photographer is not really a discussion forum as such, but more like an on-line magazine. However, you can get some very interesting comments on some of the articles that appear there - and the articles themselves are often very interesting. (FWIW, the proprietor of T-O-P is currently using a NEX-6 with Zeiss 24mm SEL lens for much of his personal photography.)

- Tom -

8. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    It all depends on the moderators and longtime active users setting the atmosphere. I used to frequent Photography-on-the.net and it's provably the nicest forum I've been to, without heavy handed moderation.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2