FotodioX Vizelex ND Throttle Adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by TareqPhoto, Jan 1, 2015.

1. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto TalkEmount Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    Tareq
    Ok, i did test this adapter yesterday, and i know it can be tricky and some cons but i should always use the best features over the missing features to keep going, i just bought it and saw why it is not that highly demand, but i really not giving up this adapter so quick yet.

Here are 3 [random] shots i picked out of many to pp and post

DSC0842.

DSC0857.

DSC0987.

Wish i combined it with GND too to meter the sky better, but i wasn't in mood to setup much and also i was with kids and the sun was rising fast, and i forgot where i left my holder, it was mainly to test the adapter, hope soon if possible i can test there again and i'll use GND too.

• Like Like x 9
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice results, beautiful images! #2 is my favourite :thumbup:

3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    #1 for me!

4. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    Simply Beautiful :D

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Some lovely seaside shots.

6. TareqPhoto

Jun 16, 2014
    Tareq
    WOW, thank you very much!

I hope i can shoot there again in better time and better colours, i like that spot because it is nearby closer to me and so calm/quiet from crowd so i can take my time without distractions from people.

If i upload a RAW file, can some post processing it in a better way than i did? i feel my retouch or pp or editing is way off that it should be and i am not much good at that, but i just do my best to have results almost to my liking.

7. WoodWorks

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    What else matters? I usually just noodle around until I stumble upon something that pleases me. As long as I feel like I'm making some progress, it's all good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hodad66

hodad66 Sony Guru

Feb 8, 2012
    Indialantic, Fl
    John
    I never heard of these before...... thanks for the info. All of my fast glass is
    Nikon so one adapter would do just great!! Cool shots!

9. TareqPhoto

Jun 16, 2014
    Tareq
    Yes, and i do have many nice great results even without editing and those are easy to edit, just some shots i did are good but needs more editing and here where i try to get/find best result after editing and not sure if it is good to others then

Oh, i thought you all know about it already, well, good you know about it now, and as i said, even it has some cons but i feel it saved me some issues too, difficult to have one thing perfect for everything.

10. hodad66

hodad66 Sony Guru

Feb 8, 2012
    Indialantic, Fl
    John
    I would love to have the ND inside and only the graduated attached
    to the front of the lens.......

11. TareqPhoto

Jun 16, 2014
    Tareq
    This is exactly why i bought this ND adapter, so that i said it saved me to buy many ND of different sizes due to different lenses and also different stops, so with this one going from 1 stop to 10 stops even i heard some saying it is not true 10 stops but doesn't matter, the main con people are talking about is that no AF and no f stop can be controlled, ok, that is bad, but i have to overpass this negative and use it another way, i used a manual lens for shots above anyway.

12. hodad66

hodad66 Sony Guru

Feb 8, 2012
    Indialantic, Fl
    John
    Same here this will be used with AIS manual lenses. I have a Canon FD 20mm
    and need to make up my mind whether to sell it and get a 20 Nikon too...... ;-)

13. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Australia
    Nice shots. Any info on the quality of the adaptor? I have been looking at these for my MD lenses but have seen conflicting reports on quality.

14. TareqPhoto

Jun 16, 2014
    Tareq
    From what i see, the quality is amazing, it depends on your lens quality mostly, i did use a very high quality lens so the adapter didn't show lose in quality, but maybe the color cast could be your issue if you are that pixel peeper and perfectionist.

John, I am not sure about lens changing as i am happy with any lens i bought, Canon or Nikon both are very good quality, and what will that Nikon 20 will give/do for you that Canon 20 doesn't? but about the adapter, you have to think about the downsides of it before you buy so you don't regret later.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Gandalf

Gandalf TalkEmount Regular

Sep 5, 2013
    I'd love to have one of these adapters for FD lenses, but I can't find one. Am I missing something, or has Fotodiox abandoned us too?

16. hodad66

hodad66 Sony Guru

Feb 8, 2012
    Indialantic, Fl
    John
  17. TareqPhoto

Jun 16, 2014
    Tareq
    I think you may try very hard, the adapter don't have access to f stop and it is manual then you may try 2 adapters, one is this Vari ND, and another adapter is from Canon FD to say Canon EOS so you can place that adapter on this adapter and then attach you FD lenses, otherwise talk with Fotodiox to make you this adapter for Canon FD mount to Sony E-mount.

18. TareqPhoto

Jun 16, 2014
    Tareq
    Here are 2 shots i did yesterday, and this time i used Samyang 14mm, and WOW, this lens is much easier to use than all my Canon due to that i can control aperture[f-stop] on lens not on camera.

DSC1236.

DSC1241.

Wish i don't see those ships in background at all, but i think it will never happen

• Like Like x 5
  19. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    ^^ Beautiful work!!!

Can you share what settings you used?

20. WoodWorks

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Yes, gorgeous! And you could easily clone out those ships with Lightroom (or another photo editor) in a heartbeat.

• Agree Agree x 1