Fotodiox auto Extension tubes for E mount

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by dmward, Mar 24, 2015.

1. dmward

dmward TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 21, 2015
    Metro Chicago
    David
    Not sure if this is the best place for this but I couldn't find a better one.

I went to the Fotodiox site the other day for some reason and while wondering around I found that they have auto extension tubes for E mount.
    The set, 10 and 16mm, was just under $50 so I ordered a set. (They also have them for other mounts.)

They came in the mail today. They are plastic, including the male and female bayonets. They work on my A7R without a hitch. Stacked as well as individually. I did a quick test with 24-70.

I would not consider them heavy duty. But for an occasional shot needing close focus they should be fine.

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I have used them on my A6000 with the 28-70 FE and had nive results.

The downside, you have to take them with you. Great if you have a camera bag, but not so much if all you have is the camera.

3. SamSS

SamSS TalkEmount Regular

Oct 11, 2014
  4. oopsydaisy

oopsydaisy TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 26, 2014
    I got these http://www.vellogear.com/detail?sku=1048759 specifically because I wanted to make sure they wouldn't crop the image on full frame as most of the E-mount tubes do. Haven't used them enough to really judge, but so far so good. I must say I'm drooling over the prospect of the 90mm macro coming soon, but I'd actually use it more for portraits.