1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Forum Posting options from Flickr ?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by roundball, Oct 24, 2015.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Different forums require different types of ‘code’ to be used to post a photograph. Most forums allow the code to simply be copied / pasted into a post, done. One forum I use requires the [DIRECT] code to be used.

In the screenshot below, a very user friendly feature of Photobucket is the box in the upper right hand corner of each photo screen that readily displays 4 code choices.

In my interest of transitioning to Flickr as a hosting site, I need various options to continue to be able to post photos in different forums but haven’t run across anything like the example below in Flickr.

Can anyone point me to such code choices in Flickr?

2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    flickr also has an easy way to retrieve links to photos.

Open the viewing page by selecting a photo from your photostream.
    To the right of the image, at the lower right are 4 icons.
    There is one that's an arrow pointing to the right. This is the 'share' icon.
    Click on the arrow icon. It will return a window of options...
    Standard social media links on top, an email link...
    Below it are options for type of links for websites.
    Selet BBCode for this forum and most forums.
    Select a size, 1600 (large) works best for this forum. (Original size for the high res subforum)
    Copy the provided URL.
    Paste it into your message.
    Note: Just make sure the photo is viewable by Public.

• Like Like x 1
  3. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Great, thanks !!

UPDATE:
    Well, none of those 3 options look like the "direct" link code I use on a particular photo forum, but next photo I get I'll try them all and see if one works.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  4. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    OK, here's a Northern Flicker I just shot, uploaded it to Flickr, and have loaded it here via its BB Code...will now see what other forums will accept a copy & paste of the BB Code.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Well, unfortunately I can't get any of the 3 "code" options at Flickr to work on Photo.Net's Canon FD Forum...its always taken what's listed at Photobucket as a "direct" link

6. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    I just went to check the photo.net site. I don't visit it much. But discovered it disables html entries to prevent spam.
    I was successful in linking a flickr pic to the forum thread. You'll just have to do it their method.
    To get the image location needed, click on the right most icon (Download/View all images).
    It'll take you to the next window with a default 1024 image. Using Firefox, right click on the image and you should see "Copy Image Location".
    Paste this link into photo.net's URL request box.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  7. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Thanks an awful lot for that legwork...I'm hitting the sack now...been a long couple days having the entire roof removed & replaced on the house...will dig into this tomorrow...

8. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Wow, tried it and it works perfectly...impressed you were able to figure out that approach. So unless something unexpected comes out of the woodwork, I'm on my way to transition from Photobucket to Flickr.
    Thanks again for your time in helping with that...

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1