COMPLETED For Sale: Sony A7R, L-bracket, and FE 28-70 OSS | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by slothead, Sep 26, 2015.

1. slothead

slothead TalkEmount Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    What type of listing is this?

For Sale

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

Sony A7R, L-bracket, and FE 28-70 OSS

What are your prices?

Camera Body $1100, Lens $225, L-Bracket free with camera - together will sell for $1300 (new discount applied)

Where are you located?

USA

Where are you willing to to ship?

USA

Description

I have reluctantly decided to part with the A7R. It's a great little (compared to my FX Nikons) camera and has served me well. I am the second owner, having bought the camera from David Busch (yes, the camera book author), and appreciate him selling to me. David applied a hard glass screen protector on the camera which is still in place. I upgraded the plastic lens mount with the Fotodiox metal metal lens mount (I have the original mount in case the buyer wants it returned to the OEM configuration).

The A7R is a 36.4MP full frame camera that sells retail for about $1900 with the following features:
    • 36.4MP Full Frame Exmor CMOS Sensor
    • No Optical Low-Pass Filter
    • Gapless On-Chip Lens Design
    • BIONZ X Image Processor
    • Direct Compatibility with E-mount Lenses
    • 3.0" Tiltable TFT LCD with 1,229K-Dots
    • 2.4M-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
    • Full 1080/60p Video with Remote Capture
    • Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC
    • Multi-Interface Shoe
    The L-bracket for the camera comes apart nicely (via one machine screw and two alignment pins) so that the camera plate can be used alone.

The 28-70 lens is an E-Mount (full frame) that retails for $498 (but right now on sale for $398 at B&H) with the following features:
    • Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/36
    • One ED and Three Aspherical Elements
    • Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
    • Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
    • Seven-Blade Circular Diaphragm

The image below shows the camera, camera plate (LB-A7), the FotoDiox Tough E-Mount and the back of the 28-70 lens (on its front lens cap for elevation). As mentioned above, the OEM lens mount will also be provided with the camera in the case that the purchaser wants to replace it. Also noted are the camera strap rings. I always replace the triangular split rings with round ones for security, but the triangular rings will be supplied or replaced if the purchaser wishes.

DSC00233a2.

This image (below) is of the assembled camera and lens (a bit of the two lens caps elevating the lens can be seen below the lens - that is not a mis-shapen lens hood). The camera plate can also be seen attached to the base of the camera.

DSC00236a2.

This image (below) helps illustrate the L-Bracket, although the 'L' part of the bracket is not installed, but does come with the sale - along with two alignment pins and a machine screw. The bracket is free with the camera at the listed camera's price. I have left the camera plate on because it provides a little larger grip for my hand while still allowing fair access to the battery.

DSC00241a1.

Payment accepted

Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method

USPS Priority

Shipping charge

None - included in price

Handling time

1-2 days

References

tmansonusa1 on eBay, Slothead here and on Nikonians, Mu43 and NikonCafe

Additional comments

Not open to trade offers, Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address, Will only ship to the address indicated on PayPal payment

Acknowledgement

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  2. slothead

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    Newly discounted camera price of $1100, combination price of $1300 (and remember the L-Bracket is free with the purchase of the camera).

3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

0   0   0

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    @slothead@slothead still have the L-plate bracket? You know the brand? Is it a Neewer one perhaps?

4. slothead

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    Yes Nick, I still have the L-Bracket. I believe it is the Neewer brand, purchased from Amazon a few months ago.
    It's yours for $1100 and I'll throw in the A7R camera body :)

--- edit ---

Actually Nick, since you are in Cyprus, the price will be a little higher. :)

5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

0   0   0

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Haha very kind of you and its a great offer.... But I only bought an A7 last week ;)

I assume you don't want to sell just the L-plate? :)

6. slothead

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    I would prefer not to Nick, because if I can't get what the camera is worth, I will be keeping it and I will want the bracket for it too.

Take care,

• Like Like x 1
  7. uscrx

uscrx New to TalkEmount

0   0   0

Nov 2, 2015
    John
    Hi, do you still have the camera and how many actuations on the shutter?

Thanks,

I'm here from the u43 forum.

8. slothead

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    John, Yes the camera is still available but I'll have to check the actuation count for you in the morning. I also responded ot your PM.

--- Update ---
    The number of actuations is not something that is easily identified for the Sony mirrorless apparently. I didn't have a clue of how to go about it, but googled a process that yielded a result. The process that I found online calculated the shutter count of an image I took just this morning at 3731 actuations.

For reference, the site with this 'tool' is at: ' http://tools.science.si/index.php ' and it covers a wide range of Sony cameras (go to the site to see which cameras it covers).

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  9. rdfisch

rdfisch TalkEmount Regular

0   0   0

Nov 13, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Rick
    I'm just curious, Tom, what do you consider insecure about the triangular rings ? Is it the potential to be resting in the middle of a flat section and then "chunk" down into a corner ? (BTW, I love the Le Hooks you steered me to, thanks again).

10. slothead

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    That's a very good question rdfisch. I'm glad you asked. Those hooks are a significant factor in fact. And if I said it was insecure, I probably couldn't find the word I wanted, but yes, you described it well. I do this with every camera I own (although in the case of this A7R, I replaced the triangles for the new owner.

Those hooks (or any narrow hooks) would want to be in one of the corners of the triangle. The triangles are made for the 3/8 inch wide webbing neck straps, and I don't like the neck strap permanently attached as expected by the camera manufacturer. It's a lot easier to use a clip (preferably a very secure one like the Hooks) than to unravel the webbing from its 'buckles' and such. With an easily removable hook/clip removal of the strap is a breeze and reduces any increased risk of the camera hitting the deck when trying to use it on a tripod or other mount.

I know its a very limited risk, but I've come close to damaging a camera because of the strap getting caught up in something when mounting it on a tripod or moving the assembly after it's mounted.

I'll probably get a lot of flack for this aforementioned opinion, but that's just the way it is for me.

• Like Like x 1