1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED For Sale: Contax G 45mm f/2 | Location: USA | Ships: CONUS

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by MAubrey, Mar 17, 2016.

1. MAubrey

MAubrey TalkEmount Top Veteran

0   0   0

What type of listing is this?
    For Sale

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?
    Contax G Zeiss Planar T* 45mm f/2

What are your prices?
    $310 shipped

Where are you located?
    USA

Where are you willing to to ship?
    CONUS

Description
    I'll get photos loaded when I get home.
    I've been looking for a replacement for my broken Contax G1 film body for a while now and I finally found one at a good price.

But I'm paying for another copy of the 45mm f/2 Planar attached to it.

So I'll have two copies and will need to sell one. I'm not looking for a profit or even to get a free film camera by selling the lens. I just want to cover the extra cost of having the lens and I can do that at a price lower than market value.

--Lens is in great condition
    --no scratches
    --includes both caps
    --I think I still have the leather lens bag, but I'll need to double check that

This is an awesome lens on the A7 series, especially with an A7II or A7rII (and probably the new A6300, too) on the Techart adapter--giving the FE 55m f/1.8 a run for its money!

Payment accepted
    Regular PayPal (fee included in price), Personal/Gift PayPal (violates PayPal policy and no buyer protection)

Shipping method
    USPS Priority

Shipping charge
    Free

Handling time
    3 Days

References
    Ebay: mgaubrey318

Additional comments
    Will only ship to the address indicated on PayPal payment

Acknowledgement
    I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  2. goranilic

goranilic TalkEmount Rookie

0   0   0

Mar 14, 2016
    USA
    Mike,
    How would you rate condition of this lens from 0 to 10 (best).
    Thx

3. MAubrey

0   0   0

Well, the glass is clean, there's no coating loss, the aperture blades are nice and dry without signs of oil, the clicks on the ring are decisive, and the screw drive for the focus is working well. there's a cosmetic scratch on the finish of the about 90 degree around and to the left from the top of the lens that's about 2mm long. I don't know what number that is though...an 8?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  4. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    So the scratch is on the aperture scale? If so, from the pictures I've seen of the lens, there would be an 8 at either f2.8 or f8.

This is the champagne-colored version, I assume?

5. MAubrey

0   0   0

The scratch is in the champagne finish on the barrel just above the aperture ring. It isn't on the ring.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to retract this for sale ad. I expected that the second copy would be adequate. And it looks fine, but it isn't working on my Techart adapter. It seems to be focusing alright on the G1, but until I get a roll through the camera, I won't know whether it works or not.