Foggy start to Easter Sunday

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by jeffmurray, Apr 4, 2015.

1. jeffmurray

jeffmurray TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 18, 2014
    Hobart, Australia
    Jeff
    After a disappointment of a cloudy eclipse - I was rewarded with a Gerry in town. Hobart residents call the creeping mist that comes down the river Derwent - Bridge-water Gerry.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2009/05/13/2569108.htm

I called my first shot 'Right Down the Line' after a Gerry Rafferty song.

A shot taken in Sandy Bay showing the soft Gerry against the hard edged erosion of a drain on the Sandy Bay Beach.

A7R with the Vario Tessar 35mm - F22 (for the foreground) 29mm, ISO 50 - 0.8 Seconds.

[​IMG]

Ocean Shield in her new midnight blue colour against a soupy autumn Hobart Fog.

Australian Defence Vessel (ADV) Ocean Shield is a ship of the Royal Australian Navy (RAN). Ordered by DOF Subsea as the offshore support vessel MSV Skandi Bergen, the ship was laid down by STX OSV. During construction, the vessel was sold to the RAN in March 2012. Renamed Ocean Shield, the ship entered service in June 2012 as a civilian-crewed humanitarian and disaster relief vessel, operating in support of the RAN's amphibious warfare vessels.[1] In 2016, after the Canberra-class landing helicopter dock ships (LHDs) enter service, Ocean Shield will be transferred to the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service to replace sister ship Ocean Protector.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADV_Ocean_Shield

A7R with the Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II, and Sony LAEA4, 300mm 2 seconds at F22, ISO 320 (forgot to adjust aperture - I was in a hurry this morning).

DSC00919-Edit-L.

Misty Mooring: A Yacht moored off Long Beach with the mist of the Gerry rolling in behind.

A7R with the Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II, and Sony LAEA4, 300mm 0.6 seconds at F22, ISO 320

20150405063924_DSC00523-Edit-L.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Snowy

Snowy TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Barry
    A lovely trio Jeff. I particularly like the colour and textures of your first image and the composition of the following two.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jeffmurray

jeffmurray TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 18, 2014
    Hobart, Australia
    Jeff
    Thanks Snowy. Been reading up on composition so that is good to hear - I appreciate the feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Neat fog :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus