1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Focus sony 35 mm 1.8 vv sigma 30 mm 1.8

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by Frank Teurlings, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Frank Teurlings

Frank Teurlings TalkEmount Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Netherlands
    Has the Nex 6 when using the Sony 35 mm 1.8 Sel a faster focus than with the Sigma 30 mm 2.8 Sel in low light.

2. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    I had the Sigma and never used partly due to the unusable AF in low light. I use my SLE35 in dim light all the time. It hunts quite a bit and misses at times, but I still find it WAY better than the Sigma. It's also much more lovable due to the fast aperture.

3. Frank Teurlings

Frank Teurlings TalkEmount Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Netherlands

Many thanks for you replies. The sigma is sharp really sharp but in low light I curse him sometimes. Therefore I consider the Sony 35 mm 1.8 to buy.

4. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Franck the SEL is a totally different animal due to being both longer and brighter, which gives it plenty of background blurring ability which the Sigma, for me use, totally lacked. AF is icing in the cake. The SEL is not as sharp (and not as sharp as my PEN F 38 either) but surprisingly for a modern lens it does have character. I'm very fond of mine.

5. Peter Zapp

Peter Zapp TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 3, 2013
    The sigma "pumps" under AF-C, but not under AF-S and when pointing the AF area to a contrasty part of the subject, as one would do with manual focus.