1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Focus Magnifier not working when assigned to C2 (a6000)

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by rdfisch, Apr 3, 2015.

1. rdfisch

rdfisch TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Rick
    For months I've been using my a6000 with the Focus Magnifier assigned to C1 and it works fine ... 1st press to display rectangle, 2nd and 3rd press to actually magnify.

I wanted to use C1 for something else and so assigned Focus Magnifier to C2 but it does not work ... pressing C2 the 1st time displays rectangle properly, but 2nd press doesn't magnify (rectangle remains, goes back to center if I moved it).

Do other a6000 behave this way (bug ?). Am I missing something ?

2. msullivan

msullivan TalkEmount Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    Phoenix AZ
    Try pressing the center button after you press C1.

3. rdfisch

rdfisch TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Rick
    An interesting observation, but doesn't change the fact that C2 behaves differently than C1 when assigned the same function.

I assume from your response that your camera behaves this way too, and am assuming that this is so for all a6000's and not just something screwed up with ours. in the past I've whined plenty about the UI being anti-intuitive, but I would have to consider this lack of consistency a bug ... is there some other way to look at it ?

4. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    I read your post and decided to try this and confirm C2 is behaving as described.
    I don't think it's a bug per say, but a shortcoming of combined functionality assigned to the limited number of buttons.
    The C2 button has a dedicated trashcan as its 2nd function. And that may be why C2 can't be assigned a 2nd button push function after the square box.
    Personally, trashcan should've been programmed to be center button of the wheel when in Play mode. Leaving C2 to be fully assignable.