1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

fluffball

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Bimjo, May 7, 2012.

1. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Found this Sunday morning. It somehow survived both the lawnmower and the weed whacker on Saturday. I just look a bit ago and it seems to have survived a round of the sprinklers as well. Hardy stuff. :)

18-55 kit zoom, last one obviously a crop of the first shot.

fluffball120506_01.

fluffball120506_03.

fluffball120506_05.

2. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Hi Bimjo,
    I love the detail in these shots. The final cropped shot shows the detail that the 18-55mm lens can pick up - I reckon it is a great kit zoom and the build quality is a bonus.

Good shooting!
    Cheers,
    Paul

3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    That's no ordinary fluffball... that's a highly-trained, special-ops Fluffball on a mission!! I'm amazed you even spotted one... they are usually camouflaged and can't be seen, but obviously your lawn implements blew its cover. :p

+1

A great zoom lens... certainly not worthy of being tagged with the term "kit" which generally carries an inferior connotation. Nice shots Bimjo!

4. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Nice shots. I had bunch of these in my garden also. They are very persistent...

5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Thanks Paul. For a kit lens, it's pretty capable.

6. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    I think it's armored too. ;)

7. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    My wife keeps asking me when I'm going to spray them to make them go away. Go away I ask? What for? Can't shoot gone away.

8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice shots.

Amazing how hard sometimes it is to get what you want to grow, yet the weeds tend to sprout like crazy.

9. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Wouldn't it be totally ironic to find out that what we cultivate as flowers are actually weeds and what we call weeds are actually the flowers?

10. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Didn't your mother teach you not to smoke them flowering weeds... now look, your thinking is all messed up, lol! ;)

11. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    history

It was our ancestors that determined a rose is desirable and a dandelion is garbage. Some of the weeds make some spectacular flowers.