• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

fluffball

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Found this Sunday morning. It somehow survived both the lawnmower and the weed whacker on Saturday. I just look a bit ago and it seems to have survived a round of the sprinklers as well. Hardy stuff. :)

18-55 kit zoom, last one obviously a crop of the first shot.

NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    55mm    f/11.0    1/50s    ISO 100

NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    55mm    f/11.0    1/40s    ISO 100

NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    55mm    f/11.0    1/50s    ISO 100

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Hi Bimjo,
I love the detail in these shots. The final cropped shot shows the detail that the 18-55mm lens can pick up - I reckon it is a great kit zoom and the build quality is a bonus.

Good shooting!
Cheers,
Paul

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Found this Sunday morning. It somehow survived both the lawnmower and the weed whacker on Saturday. I just look a bit ago and it seems to have survived a round of the sprinklers as well. Hardy stuff. :)
That's no ordinary fluffball... that's a highly-trained, special-ops Fluffball on a mission!! I'm amazed you even spotted one... they are usually camouflaged and can't be seen, but obviously your lawn implements blew its cover. :p

I love the detail in these shots. The final cropped shot shows the detail that the 18-55mm lens can pick up - I reckon it is a great kit zoom and the build quality is a bonus...
+1

A great zoom lens... certainly not worthy of being tagged with the term "kit" which generally carries an inferior connotation. Nice shots Bimjo!

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Bimjo,
I love the detail in these shots. The final cropped shot shows the detail that the 18-55mm lens can pick up - I reckon it is a great kit zoom and the build quality is a bonus.

Good shooting!
Cheers,
Paul
Thanks Paul. For a kit lens, it's pretty capable.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
That's no ordinary fluffball... that's a highly-trained, special-ops Fluffball on a mission!! I'm amazed you even spotted one... they are usually camouflaged and can't be seen, but obviously your lawn implements blew its cover. :p

+1

A great zoom lens... certainly not worthy of being tagged with the term "kit" which generally carries an inferior connotation. Nice shots Bimjo!
I think it's armored too. ;)

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Nice shots. I had bunch of these in my garden also. They are very persistent...
My wife keeps asking me when I'm going to spray them to make them go away. Go away I ask? What for? Can't shoot gone away.

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
Nice shots.

Amazing how hard sometimes it is to get what you want to grow, yet the weeds tend to sprout like crazy.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Nice shots.

Amazing how hard sometimes it is to get what you want to grow, yet the weeds tend to sprout like crazy.
Wouldn't it be totally ironic to find out that what we cultivate as flowers are actually weeds and what we call weeds are actually the flowers?

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Wouldn't it be totally ironic to find out that what we cultivate as flowers are actually weeds and what we call weeds are actually the flowers?
Didn't your mother teach you not to smoke them flowering weeds... now look, your thinking is all messed up, lol! ;)

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
history

It was our ancestors that determined a rose is desirable and a dandelion is garbage. Some of the weeds make some spectacular flowers.

Top Bottom