Flea market find, 75-200mm

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by AK47J, Oct 5, 2014.

1. AK47J

AK47J TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 31, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Flea market find, CPC Phase 2 75-200mm

Went to a flea market yesterday. Typical stuff, cheapo knives, jewelry, toys, random junk. We were about to leave and noticed a whole other section. A lady had a bunch of random stuff in her "spot". On a shelf was a few 35mm point and shoot cameras, and crammed in between them a lens. I picked it up, noticed it was old Minolta mount but did not recognize the maker. I asked how much she wanted. She thought a moment and said "how about seven dollars". All the controls for the lens functioned perfectly, smooth. The glass looked ok. So I handed her $7 and we left. I should have offered $5, but oh well.

The lens is a MC Auto Zoom CPC Phase 2 CCT 75-200mm f/4.5. I can't find much info about it, some people say it was manufactured by Pentax, I don't know.

took a couple quick poorly lit shots of it late last night :p

DSC08183.

DSC08184.

After the flea market we took the girls to a park by the river. I had my camera with me, so I played with the new lens. It performed ok

DSC08041.

DSC08022.

DSC08008.

DSC08119.

More shots of the ground squirrels are here https://www.talkemount.com/showthread.php?t=8555

• Like Like x 6
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Hard to beat that for $7.00 !!

3. AK47J

AK47J TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 31, 2014
    Central Oregon
    I did find several of this same lens on ebay (in different mounts), and they were going for $20 to $50, so I think I got a decent deal.

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Well done

5. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    cant argue at that price :D

6. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yeah, great bargain price. And that squirrel shot is nice!!!

7. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    CPC was a marketing brand. I don't know who owned it put several of their lenses are supposedly made by Pentax but only single coated.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AK47J

AK47J TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 31, 2014
    Central Oregon
    I couldn't find any real specific details. Most said similar things "made by Pentax" , "single coating" , "non-coated" , etc. But, at $7 it doesn't really matter. The lens will probably just become a shelf decoration anyway.