First test shot from the 5N @ 3200 ISO

C Wadsworth

TalkEmount Regular
Hey everyone, just got the 5N and it is late (well, no sunlight) so here is one of the first test snaps at 3200 ISO with the Rokkor MD 50mm @ 1.4.

Pretty impressive! This looks better than my Canon 5D at 3200, hands down. And that Rokkor focuses real close - very nice and sharp at f/1.4. Pretty awesome for a $50 lens.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Best,
Chad

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Yep, it's definitely impressive high ISO performance coming from the 5N, and the Rokkor is great too!

C Wadsworth

TalkEmount Regular
Yes! I am really looking forward to using the Rokkor more with the 5N. It is very sharp at f/1.4 but still renders pleasantly - not too busy in the back.

btw, loved that pic of the frog getting a bath. Really excellent.

Travisennis

TalkEmount Veteran
Hi, Chad. Welcome to the forum. Sony has really jumped ahead with the high ISO performance of this sensor. It compares favorably with the performance of cameras much more expensive than itself and competing cameras in the mirrorless segment don't even come close. The Rokkor looks nice, but I am more interested in the collapsible Leica in the picture. That is a nice lens.

Pete

TalkEmount Rookie
CW: thats a great shot. Silky smooth bokeh.
thanks for sharing,
Pete

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom