First sunrise of 2015... beachscape

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TareqPhoto, Jan 2, 2015.

1. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto TalkEmount Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    Tareq
    ...or should i called it seascape or waterscape?

I wished if there were clouds rather than foggy weather, but it is nice to have different weather conditions too, and my main purpose was to test my new item, FotodioX Vizelex ND Throttle Adapter, but i think this shot wasn't with the adapter, the first time ever i placed it i couldn't use it, so i used Metabones first for very few shots [3-4] then swapped to this ND adapter.

I used Sony A7R with Canon TS-E 17, this lens and another lenses are difficult to use front filters due to non thread ones, another time i will give Samyang 14 a try.

DSC0828.

This is a fake HRD as i used single RAW, and as usual i use Photomatix, i don't know much recent HDR software these days since 2012 when i was using 2 other apps for HDR, but i still like Photomatix as i am using it since 2006, any C/C?

• Like Like x 11
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Amazing photo !!!

3. TareqPhoto

Jun 16, 2014
    Tareq
    Thanks!

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Great perspective

5. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    It looks good.. but I do not like the stone distortion at the bottom of the frame. Make stones look unrealistic... Any ideas from everyone how we can reduce the distortion at the bottom end.. before shooting and after?
    Alex

6. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    It's a 17mm lens. The whole idea of using that sort of lens is to get a "forced" perspective. It's a matter of taste, of course. But I quite like the look.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hodad66

hodad66 Sony Guru

Feb 8, 2012
    Indialantic, Fl
    John
    ditto

• Like Like x 1
  8. TareqPhoto

Jun 16, 2014
    Tareq
    Thank you very much!

In fact, i did use little tilt down and also with Photoshop to correct distortion, but even with all that it is still distorted, believe me, even with 24mm you may have some distortion too, and i am using a full frame camera, so i get used to live with it and i also like the look, i can imagine if i did use my Samyang 14mm how bad the distortion will be then.

9. davegore2005

davegore2005 TalkEmount Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    what a fab shot

Dave

10. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Nicely done