First stop: San Francisco

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by chalkdust, Jun 24, 2016.

1. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    My wife and I recently returned from a cruise to Alaska. We left out of San Francisco. It was a great trip for us and we took our cameras, of course.
    A7ii + Voigtlander 40mm Classic Heliar and the submarine at the museum at Fisherman's Wharf.

The collapsable 40mm Heliar turned out to be a great little travel lens.
    A7ii + 40mm Classic Heliar + lots of PP crop birds flying with Alcatraz in background

I decided to shoot only in fine JPG so I could use some of the camera's cool features. Next up is a in-camera stitched panorama of sunset over the Bay. This is with the 40mm Heliar like the other shots that day.
    DSC01322D.jpg The next day I used the Sony 55mm f/1.8 on my A7ii. Here I used it for another in-camera stitched panorama of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Here is a cropped night time harbor view from the 25mm Batis on the A7ii.
    The 25mm Batis again on the a7ii to catch a crocodile (aligator?) at a bakery at Fisherman's Wharf.

There are more images to be processed, of course. I intend to share some of those later so this thread doesn't become too boring.
    • Like Like x 13
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    Some good shots there...looks like you had a good visit
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    That Golden Gate Bridge shot is great!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. christilou

christilou TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Golden Gate, my fave too :)
  5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ