First pics...of the kids and pup.

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by teefin1, Oct 19, 2012.

1. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Hi, thought id bite the bullet and actually post some pics of my younger children: Max, Ty and Kira, and the puppy, Dexter. Ive seen some beautiful pix on this site and been embarrassed as mine are clearly amateur, my main target has been to produce sharp photos using MF. I do intend to utilise Nianys's brilliant 'dinky' flash idea as it will give me more opportunities to photograph (plus her photos are an inspiration in the small children stakes!) Hope ive posted correctly, found it a bit difficult to link from my member album.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Clearly amateur? Except for the purple haze thing going on the puppy pic (wha's up with that?) these are really good . I especially like that first one.

3. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Geez, they're great !!! I'm clearly honored if I've inspired you at all !! What lens did you use here ? I love them all, I just truly hate selective color, always have. It's very "90's" in my mind (and even then if was pretty lame I think...). But dont mind me, the pictures are excellent :)

4. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    The dog must have been listening to Jimmy Hendrix

5. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Ha ha, whatever at; jimmy's cool. I think actually it's a WB issue, added to the left sided miniature effect, which always gives strange colour rendition for me. I thank you most kindly for the praise Bimjo, I first picked up a camera in May of this year and if i take 100 pics a day I may get one or two I like. I think partial colour is hilarious Nianys (shows my almost middle age!) in one pic my son Ty's teeth were blue as well. I stole the idea from another post; markoneswift I think, who posted a lovely baby pic wirh partial colour. Thank you so much for the positive feedback, it means a lot, with the talent showing on this forum I was unsure of whether to post, but I've received a confidence boost.

6. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Ooh....and all with the sigma 30, except for the third photo, of my son max, which was with the Sony 50mm. I returned that very quickly as i found it a tad long, and my inexperience really couldn't do it justice.

7. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    I always read that Sigma was a gem, now I know it is.

8. I really like the first three B&W ones! Neathly done with this shallow depth of field.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P5100 met Tapatalk

9. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Six months? Six months? Just.Shoot.Me.Now. LOL

10. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    You're so funny Bimjo, and flattering. I'm grateful to have joined this community, thank you.

11. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    wow sigma did all these shots, even surprised me, very intrigued to see how the Sony 35mm f1.8 perform now, but seeing these great results I'm thinking of sigma

12. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I know what you mean by the truly great images found here.

The great thing about this forum as compared to others is the non judgmental attitude.

13. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Absolutely. Even when I rant about some of my NEX's quirks, everybody keep their cool. That's refreshing. Would we finally have achieved a community of adults who don't put their ego in their camera ? ;)

14. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    This is truly beautiful.

15. urak13

urak13 New to TalkEmount

Oct 14, 2012
    philippines
    the second one is great!

16. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Lovely shots and beautiful kids, well done :)