• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

First photos with my 5n

elandel

TalkEmount Regular
Hello,

just went out this morning - 6.30 - 7.00 o'clock to take some pictures. Not a very bright day because it was a rainy day and very dull light. Just wanted to try to see what I can get out of this camera.

All pics are jpegs straight OOC (I don't like PP) - AWB - F 6.3 - ISO 100-200

All comments are welcome.

---            

---            

---            

---            

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Nice images, I quite like the first image, I would try to make the shot more level though, then again that's just me. Thanks for sharing :)

elandel

TalkEmount Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, there're not very levelled up even because I was in a hurry due to rain and was afraid for my 5n:eek: They are shots to just try the camera but I need to better learn how to use it and try in better lighting.
I was mainly testing AWB to see if it does the job, and testing the jpg output and sharpness. I think I must fine tune something.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Yes, there're not very levelled up even because I was in a hurry due to rain and was afraid for my 5n:eek:
In your Menu, go to the "Setup" and in there go find the "Grid Line" and select it. Inside it will present you with 3 options (4th option is to turn it off, which is your default).
You will find:
• Rule of 3rds Grid
• Square Grid
• Diag. + Square Grid

I used to do a lot of interior/architectural photography back in the film SLR days and most professional photographers in this field use cameras fitted with focusing glass plates etched with Grid Lines. With the Sony NEX-5N, these grids are placed over your screen image electronically (but it will not show on your pictures). I prefer the Rule of 3rds Grid because it is the least distracting for general photography. When you get used to it, you won't even realize that the grids are there and you begin to line-up vertical and horizontal objects without thinking about it.

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
Good start under the circumstances. I know you don't like pp, but the second photo just begs for a little HDR, single photo. I would love to have seen you reach up to the top corner of the door and shoot tight across the angel to the relief.

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Yes, there're not very levelled up even because I was in a hurry due to rain and was afraid for my 5n:eek: They are shots to just try the camera but I need to better learn how to use it and try in better lighting.
I was mainly testing AWB to see if it does the job, and testing the jpg output and sharpness. I think I must fine tune something.
I agree with lapdog, under the circumstances you did well :)

bravo

New to TalkEmount
Wow ,
\Really awesome shoot taken by you.
Very good and thanks for share these useful shoots, now i really try to take this type of beauty.

Top Bottom