1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

First photos with my 5n

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by elandel, Mar 19, 2012.

1. elandel

elandel TalkEmount Regular

Mar 7, 2012
    Milan
    Hello,

just went out this morning - 6.30 - 7.00 o'clock to take some pictures. Not a very bright day because it was a rainy day and very dull light. Just wanted to try to see what I can get out of this camera.

All pics are jpegs straight OOC (I don't like PP) - AWB - F 6.3 - ISO 100-200

All comments are welcome.

DSC00105.JPG

DSC00132.JPG

DSC00136.JPG

DSC00148.JPG

2. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Nice images, I quite like the first image, I would try to make the shot more level though, then again that's just me. Thanks for sharing :)

3. elandel

Mar 7, 2012
    Milan
    Yes, there're not very levelled up even because I was in a hurry due to rain and was afraid for my 5n:eek: They are shots to just try the camera but I need to better learn how to use it and try in better lighting.
    I was mainly testing AWB to see if it does the job, and testing the jpg output and sharpness. I think I must fine tune something.

4. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    In your Menu, go to the "Setup" and in there go find the "Grid Line" and select it. Inside it will present you with 3 options (4th option is to turn it off, which is your default).
    You will find:
    • Rule of 3rds Grid
    • Square Grid
    • Diag. + Square Grid

I used to do a lot of interior/architectural photography back in the film SLR days and most professional photographers in this field use cameras fitted with focusing glass plates etched with Grid Lines. With the Sony NEX-5N, these grids are placed over your screen image electronically (but it will not show on your pictures). I prefer the Rule of 3rds Grid because it is the least distracting for general photography. When you get used to it, you won't even realize that the grids are there and you begin to line-up vertical and horizontal objects without thinking about it.

5. elandel

Mar 7, 2012
    Milan
    Thanks. I'm still trying to get used to it

6. lapdog99

lapdog99 TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Colorado
    Good start under the circumstances. I know you don't like pp, but the second photo just begs for a little HDR, single photo. I would love to have seen you reach up to the top corner of the door and shoot tight across the angel to the relief.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    I agree with lapdog, under the circumstances you did well :)

8. bravo

bravo New to TalkEmount

Mar 20, 2012
    Wow ,
    \Really awesome shoot taken by you.
    Very good and thanks for share these useful shoots, now i really try to take this type of beauty.

9. hodad66

hodad66 Sony Guru

Feb 8, 2012
    Indialantic, Fl
    John
    fantastic images!!!

10. elandel

Mar 7, 2012
    Milan
    Thank you all

11. Oli

Oli New to TalkEmount

May 16, 2012
    good 1st images :)

12. elandel

Mar 7, 2012
    Milan
    Thanks

13. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Very nice first shots, enjoy your new camera.