• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

First outing with the A9

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Great shots! How well did the camera handle? As fast and responsive as advertised?
I'd have to say Yes to that, Chris. I'm not quite as fast with it yet as I am with say my A7ii, but time will get me there I'm sure. I've had the ii quite a bit longer and used it with more lenses too. Familiarity breeds quickness in my case at least.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Talking about cars that drink gas, are fast in a straight line and probably pretty loud too, I think this fits the bill.

DSC01203 (2).JPG
ILCE-9    FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS    24mm    f/4.5    1/60s    ISO 100

sapoeijoek

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Edwin
Just trying to get used to using this camera. The jpeg's out of it look really nice on my monitor. I hope you can enjoy these as much as I do here at home. I'll post a few pics from the Huntington Beach Concours I went to today. Lighting was a mix of sun and shade, no clouds out to speak of at all.
View attachment 116066 View attachment 116067 View attachment 116068 View attachment 116069 View attachment 116070 View attachment 116071
View attachment 116072
There was a large variety of makes there today. I felt for the guys showing, the trees were shedding pollen like crazy today.
A9's color tone is obviously different than the A7 series. To my eyes, it's more pleasing and nicer. My monitor is calibrated, so your photos look great on my side. Nice shots!

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount All-Pro
Antonio I may not travel to as many exotic places as you do, but I am more than willing to share the cars I photograph with you and all the others willing to look.
Thank you again for commenting. :bowdown:
If it was not the C19 I might visit you as my son lives in San Diego ! And would give me much pleasure.
Cheers ! :thumbsup:

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
A9's color tone is obviously different than the A7 series. To my eyes, it's more pleasing and nicer. My monitor is calibrated, so your photos look great on my side. Nice shots!
Thanks Edwin.
I'm using a newish ThinkVision monitor I got late last year. I'm really enjoying how all my cameras are performing color wise now as my old monitor was over ten years old.?

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
A co-worker quite a few years back had a Corvette ZR1 and gave me a ride one day. I thought it was great, even around the corners. I kind of wanted one for a long time, but I did not think my wife would go for a Jeep AND a Corvette. So I got the Jeep as it was a lot more practical; the Corvette probably wouldn't do so well on dirt/gravel roads, river bottoms, or snow drifts. :biggrin:

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
DSC01186 (2).JPG
ILCE-9    FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS    24mm    f/9.0    1/125s    ISO 100
DSC01204 (2).JPG
ILCE-9    FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS    30mm    f/6.3    1/100s    ISO 100
DSC01242 (2).JPG
ILCE-9    FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS    68mm    f/5.0    1/100s    ISO 100

A couple more from the show.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Helping grandpa test the auto focus today.
DSC01430 (2).JPG
ILCE-9    FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS    91mm    f/4.5    1/400s    ISO 100

Biro

TalkEmount Veteran
I'll admit that I never "got" Corvettes. Yeah, they're pretty. But like Harleys, they're only good for burning gas, making noise, and going in a straight line. I remember Chevrolet shipping some to Germany in the mid-60's and letting some Porsche factory drivers take them out for a spin at Nürburgring. Their verdict? "Undriveable!" :shakehead:
I think that used to be the case. But no longer - and not for a long time. It's really just a matter of personal taste. Corvette has won its class at LeMans and other sport-endurance races many, many times over the past few decades.

The only problem with Corvettes now is price. At $30K, they were a fabulous deal compared to Porsches, Jaguars, etc. Now, at $70K, they are a fabulous deal compared with Ferraris, Lamborghini's, etc. Because that's the kind of performance Corvettes offer.

There was talk about a less-expensive Corvette to be sold alongside the current model. It would make the brand available at that $30-40K price point again. But I think it was just talk. If GM could have its way, it would probably make the Corvette a four-door, electric-powered SUV. Wait'll you see their plans for the Camaro.

Last edited:

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I'll keep the cars parked in this thread.
DSC01227 (Large).JPG
ILCE-9    FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS    51mm    f/4.5    1/400s    ISO 100
DSC01158 (2).JPG
ILCE-9    FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS    37mm    f/5.0    1/160s    ISO 200

Jeep Captain

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Jeff
I'll admit that I never "got" Corvettes. Yeah, they're pretty. But like Harleys, they're only good for burning gas, making noise, and going in a straight line. I remember Chevrolet shipping some to Germany in the mid-60's and letting some Porsche factory drivers take them out for a spin at Nürburgring. Their verdict? "Undriveable!" :shakehead:
The old Corvettes were not great by any means. The more modern Corvettes specifically the C8 is nothing less than a street legal race car

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
My mind changed after trying a Z-01 on an autocross track. I recall it was a C5. Brutal power delivery and cornered VERY well. Each revision since has only gotten better. Almost bought a C6 following my 1st divorce. :p Their results at LeMans speak for themselves.

Latest threads

Top Bottom