First macro with Vivitar 2x macro TC and Canon FD 50 / 1.8

Discussion in 'Nature' started by markoneswift, Oct 16, 2013.

1. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. lowbone

lowbone TalkEmount Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    Nothing in this image appears to be sharp. I think you either missed focus or you have motion blur or both.

3. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    I think it is more narrow DOF (and possibly some motion blur).

4. markoneswift

Oct 17, 2012
    Quite right on all the above, the shot was more a proof of concept than anything else. It was hand held, in poor light with quite a high ISO ( and it was windy ). So yeah, motion blur, missed focus and quite narrow DoF.

5. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    I think that focus was ok. You can see that there is a narrow band in focus in the petal pointing right.

I think that lightning is major problem with this macro stuff. I am more interested in plants and mushrooms so I can use tripod (got a Triopo carbon fibre tripod with macro arm for it) and have Godox ring flash too.

6. markoneswift

Oct 17, 2012
    Well the flower was moving and I was hand holding in daylight ( not sun ) so yes lighting was an issue and forced a lower shutter speed than I would have liked. I would normally get a tripod out, but I couldn't be bothered :)

7. markoneswift

Oct 17, 2012
    Besides, does everything HAVE to be 'sharp' ? There's a lot of over-emphasis placed on 'sharpness'. Show me 35mm film macro shots that were even as close to 'sharp' as mine was. We digital beings seem obsessed with sharpness.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.