First Juried Show: Skullcycle

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by VaughnA, Jul 17, 2013.

1. VaughnA

VaughnA TalkEmount Regular

Jan 24, 2013
    With my wife's support I decided to enter my first Nationally Juried show at the Lynchburg Virginia Academy of Fine Arts. I entered three photographs and just found out that one of them was accepted. What is funny is that this was just a test shot. I had just received my Contax/Ziess G 45F2 and wanted to play with it. I grabbed a deer skull and stuck it on a trike we use for garden decoration.

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
  3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Congrats Vaughn!

Strange thing about taking pics- i often find that my first shot is the best one, no matter how hard I try to "improve" on it. I guess I have a short attention span and can't concentrate long enough to actually get a better shot. The first one is usually the best one of the bunch.

The exception to that is when I'm manufacturing a shot, like candle flames, or spinning coins etc.
  4. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    I remember when you showed this 'test' shot.

You should do more testing.
  5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012

and I still find it an amazing shot!!! :thumbup:
    I'm also very fond of your PP ;)
  6. VaughnA

VaughnA TalkEmount Regular

Jan 24, 2013

I'd forgot I'd posted it here. You never know what you'll get with changing light and conditions. The filled out trees that we have now don't have the character of these. Now to see if I can sell it..