First go with my new drone!

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by José De Bardi, Jun 19, 2015.

1. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    I've not been on for a few weeks, been busy and such. This week I took the plunge and ordered the new DJI Phantom 3 Pro!

Ive done a few test flights the last couple of days and this eve attempted my first actual go at some kind of structured video and pictures.

First the still... So I decided to give it a difficult job! Shooting into the Sun. It has built in HDR capabilities and it did an OK job, this one is actually the result of a 5 image bracket shot which I then HDR'd on the Mac. What's impressive is this was in 15mph gusty winds and yet 5 images were taken with no blurring - it is incredibly stable!
    Drones Eye View
    by José De Bardi, on Flickr

And also put this little video together. I actually worked out how to do smooth turns just after shooting, so my next attempt at circling an object keeping it in frame should be a lot better! Make sure you watch in full 1080p HD!

My justification for the drone is a project I have coming up in August, which is really going to be special with the addition of some aerial photography (the details of said project shall remain secret for now!) - but already I've got people offering me cash to do stuff with it after 3 days of ownership so I think it's going to pay for itself pretty soon!

Hope you enjoy!
    • Like Like x 9
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Very cool!
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Jazzer

Jazzer TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    New York
    +1 !!
  4. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    Very impressive for your fist go :) I can understand people giving you money for this as it looked pretty professional besides like you said the turns.
  5. izzikiorage

izzikiorage TalkEmount Veteran

Jul 30, 2013
    Looks amazing... Looks like the done is a worthwhile investment