1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

First day with a6000 +35mm f/1.8 (abstracts)

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Mystic, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Mystic

Mystic TalkEmount Regular

Dec 7, 2012
    Pirma_diena_1. Pirma_diena_5. Pirma_diena_6. Pirma_diena_9. Pirma_diena_10. Pirma_diena_11. Pirma_diena_12. Pirma_diena_14. Pirma_diena_18. Pirma_diena_19. Pirma_diena_22.
    pic host

all shot in raw, postprocessed in lr5. all shots iso 100

I'm quite pleased with the a6000, it's small, yet powerfull. I customized it quite well. However before it i had nex 6 so the built quality on a6000 is visibly worse, another thing, i don't like that, to zoom on the picture while in play mode, one has to press ael button, while on nex 6 it was the center button. Another button, that i think was better placed on nex 6 was play button, now in it's place is menu. well I believe i will just have to get used to it.
    Viewfinder, I don't find it bad, it's ok, just made warmer colors in it, because on default it was rather cold and lifeless.
    Grip, even though reviewers say it's bigger, on nex6 it was better, because the camera itself was slimmer, so the grip was deeper. On a6000 the grip is bigger, but the camera is bulkier, so the grip becomes somehow shallower..
    Another bad thing - picture effects, they are cool, but why there is no possibility to apply them to jpegs, after the shot is taken? you can use them only by turning certain effect and shooting with it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ztryfe

ztryfe TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2014
    Mexico
    Vic
    Nice combo, the sel35 is on my list for a walkaround lens with great quality, not to mention the OSS

The second last is great, the shapes really work together with the ice !

3. Mystic

Dec 7, 2012
    thanks ztryfe, I agree with you, that the second to last photo is the best in this set.
    35mm is great. yet sometimes i miss more depth of field, then 50mm helped, but now something happened with it i've sent it for repairs, but I also bought samyang 85mm f1.4 along with the a6000, so the next time i'll go for a photowalk, i'll take it, and will see how to use a6000 with a manual focus lens, thanks again for a comment.

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome from a fellow former NEX-6 to A6000 owner.

I love the features of the A6000, much more customizable, yet prefer the styling of the NEX-6. Oh, well, we can't have everything I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mystic

Dec 7, 2012
    totally agree with you :)
    but the menu system in nex6 was so awfull, that this reason alone, would justify the upgrade :).

6. Mystic

Dec 7, 2012
    Pirma_diena_19eres.
    image ru

tried to improve on that shot in photoshop.. hopefully i did :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I think so. But then, it was already my favorite in your first bunch.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Excellent compositions and beautiful results.

The images look pretty sharp edge to edge. A review claimed the 35 is center-weighted for sharpness. Doesn't look to be from your photos.
    Nice lens!

9. Mystic

Dec 7, 2012
    :) that was the reason to improve on it. thanks, WoodWorks for a comment.

Agree WNG, the lens is really technically without a real weakness. It's sharp wide open, but when you stop it further it becomes even sharper. Thanks for a comment.

10. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    It is a welcome change, as well as more programable buttons.

• Like Like x 1