1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Finally was able to hunt down a NEX7!

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by lowincash, Dec 27, 2011.

1. lowincash

lowincash TalkEmount Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Kin
    Wow finally found a store that had one in stock, just the body only tho =/ I placed an order with adorama with the kit lens but when I checked today they said it's expected to ship around end of March to early April. I started looking all over the place then heard some folks were able to get some from wolf camera so I gave them a call and they had 1 body left. They wouldn't sell just the body, and I had to buy a lens with it so I got the 16mm 2.8 for now, I'll buy the zeiss 24mm later.

I haven't canceled my order with adorama yet, after seeing how it's selling on ebay, I'm thinking of selling it after I get it, the extra cash could help fund the adorama order =/ But I have a feeling once I play with it I will want to keep it lol

2. tdekany

tdekany TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Portland OR
    Take some pictures! Was is MSRP?

3. lowincash

Dec 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Kin
    I got the body for $1200 plus $250 for the 16mm. Already ordered the 24mm last night from B&H so should be getting the camera and lens next week =) Very excited lol

I think I got lucky, found that store by mistake lol I just found out I went to the wrong wolf store that people were talking about. I heard people talking about wolf camera so I looked it up on google and found wolfe camera which had 1 in stock whereas none of the other wolf camera stores had any =/

4. lowincash

Dec 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Kin
    My NEX-7 just arrived! plus the zeiss 24mm lens! Battery is charging so can't play with it yet =/ Also came with the 16mm but going to trade it in and get the tamron 18-200 tomorrow hopefully. Anyways, super excited can't wait to see what this camera can do =]

5. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Gratz mate, sounds good!

6. tdekany

Dec 20, 2011
    Portland OR
    Congrats! Do you think you can post some jpeg images straight out of the camera? Thanks!

7. lowincash

Dec 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Kin
    Yeah I'll try to post some up tomorrow once I get to play around with it more. Just finished charging the battery and finished setting it up so I'll try to shoot some tomorrow.

8. tdekany

Dec 20, 2011
    Portland OR
    Thanks!

9. lowincash

Dec 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Kin
    Here's a quick pic I took this morning with the 24mm, not sure how to post full size. After uploading to photobucket it downsized the pic =/

DSC00015.