Finally got my NEX-7

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
After much waiting and anticipation, I've finally recieved my NEX-7 (was pre-ordered December last year) and as soon as I opened the box I've attached my Nokton 35mm 1.2 V2 which is my everyday lens (this will be the camera's proverbial "body cap" as I'm not planning to take it off anytime soon). I've then decided to go to the local japanese festival to take some test shots, unfortunately I got caught up with "other" activities and didn't get to take any photos at all. I'll post some test shots when I get the chance to take some. This is what my current set up looks like

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My NEX-5 will probably be on loan to my good friend who has all but given up on his D3100. He's looking for a smaller camera and will be giving the NEX a try to see if it suits him or if he should go Micro 4/3's.

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
Looking forward to seeing some of your photos. I am waiting for an Olympus OM Zuiko 50mm 1.4 to arrive. Will you be shooting in the mono mode on the
NEX 7 or just converting to b&w in Post. I still need to try Silver Efex Pro from Nik. Time is a wasting...

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
Phoenix... ​​congratulations, I hope you enjoy this camera certainly looks very nice with this lens 35mm Nokton

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Looking forward to seeing some of your photos. I am waiting for an Olympus OM Zuiko 50mm 1.4 to arrive. Will you be shooting in the mono mode on the
NEX 7 or just converting to b&w in Post. I still need to try Silver Efex Pro from Nik. Time is a wasting...

Thanks guys, I'm planning to shoot b&w mostly as I always have, however I might be shooting more colour now as well as the tri-navi UI system really makes changing modes and settings so easy, I will probably even go as far as stating that when I finished setting up the buttons to my liking, it is the most intuitive camera I have ever used.

I might go back to post processing images next year, and get myself familiar with Silver efex, etc.. I kinda promised to myself that I would not apply any pp to any of my shots this year.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Oh man, that NEX7 with the Nokton looks soooo good!!

The Voigtlander looks like a native lens (or does the NEX7 look like a vintage body?) and appear to be of the same vintage. They look handsome together... (drool)

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Cheers mate, I'm really loving the combo, the Nokton feels a bit front heavy and unbalanced when I was using it with the NEX-5 especially since the body is quite small and I have to hold the camera away from my face to focus. The combination of the evf, body size and weight makes the set up balanced and quite easy to shoot :D

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Looks like an amazing pice of glass, specially to use as a body cap...
Yup, I really love this lens and I've really given it a good work out the past month, It's what I've used for the for the Singles in January challenge in Serious Compacts, Ive shot Portraits, Landscapes, low light (a lot), candids, architecture, etc.. with it and it did not disappoint.

lowincash

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Kin
That 35mm and 7 is a very nice looking combo, congrats on finally getting your 7 :D I wish I had patience like you, I would go crazy waiting for a couple of months to get a camera =/

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
That 35mm and 7 is a very nice looking combo, congrats on finally getting your 7 :D I wish I had patience like you, I would go crazy waiting for a couple of months to get a camera =/
Thanks dude, I very nearly cancelled when the Fuji X Pro 1 was announced, but after I had a closer look at the specs I decided to continue with the NEX-7.

Pelao

TalkEmount Rookie
Congratulations. I can sense your excitement.

The 7 appears to be an awesome camera. It or Fuji are shortlisted to be my next purchase. I'm just waiting for some Fuji reviews to roll in. Overall though, I feel the 7 is a more versatile package.

Enjoy.

RAWFA

TalkEmount Veteran
What a horrible combo. I feel so sorry for you that I´m whiling to keep it for you while you look for a better combo ;)

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
What a horrible combo. I feel so sorry for you that I´m whiling to keep it for you while you look for a better combo ;)
Lol :D:D

Hey, I just noticed that the NEX7 body has those nice SLR-style strap clips at the sides, whereas the 5N has these odd looking slits. I'm having trouble finding a wrist-strap design that I like for my 5N because of that... :(

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Lmao!! :p Thanks buddy

@Dioptrick - Yeah likewise, the 5 has the same slits as well and I had a hard time looking for a wrist strap I wanted. I found what I'm using now from eBay and really liked it, it works for both the 5 and the 7.

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
waoo

At first when I got the nex5n use a wrist strap, but was afraid to fall, so I decided to buy a longer strap to hang on the neck, which I use now, I feel more comfortable
View attachment 649

Lmao!! :p Thanks buddy

@Dioptrick - Yeah likewise, the 5 has the same slits as well and I had a hard time looking for a wrist strap I wanted. I found what I'm using now from eBay and really liked it, it works for both the 5 and the 7.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom