Finally...freedom from unsolicited / intrusive ADs: ADBLOCKER PLUS

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by roundball, Aug 14, 2015.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    FYI...Just installed the free Browser Add-On called AdBlocker Plus...simple and works great.
    ( I mainly use FireFox so that's the version I got )

So good-by and good riddance to unsolicited / intrusive website ADs, YouTube ADs, etc.
    The 'Plus' part is that it also blocks the related tracking, malware, and so on.

Versions are available for other browsers as well, but I've only downloaded / used the Firefox version from Firefox themselves so that's all I have hands on experience with.
    Can't believe its been out a long time and I just now heard about it.
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Please consider whitelisting in your adblocker. We don't have a lot of ads, and we need the ones we have in order to pay the bills. Site supporters ($5 per year and up) see no banner ads at all.
  3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    That's one of the benefits of ADBlocker Plus...its not an all or nothing brick wall to ADs if a user doesn't want it to be. And the ADs here at this Forum are not intrusive, annoying, etc...don't even notice them.

And just like with making cookie exceptions in a browser, AdBlocker Plus allows site exceptions at the discretion of each user as they see fit.
    Seems to be a well designed, stable, product that makes surfing the net in general an awful lot better.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2