• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Finally (...and a few Q's)

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Finally got my MD-Nex adapter today, mounted it on and tried MF with a legacy for the 1st time!!!

Love my copy of the MD 50 1.7 (thanks "nianys" ;) ). The focus ring turns smoothly, as does the aperture ring
The focus peaking (set to Mid with Yellow) and MF Assist feature does make everything easier (still have a lot of practise to do)

And the Questions:
1) Is there a lens hood available for the MD 50 1.7? I can find many for the MD zoom lenses on ebay but nothing for the 50 :?
2) Is there a rear cap available for the MD-Nex adapter?

Attachments

• DSC04865.jpg
    DSC04865.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 212

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Some quite shots - Straight out of the camera Jpegs (not PP), shot at f2.8, ISO400-800, 1/30-1/50, +0,7EV, using Flash with bouncer...

DSC05450.jpg
   ---            

DSC05444.jpg
   ---            

DSC05452.jpg
   ---            

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
If there isn't a specific hood for this lens you can use any generic threaded hood, either round or petal shaped. Or, you can use a step down ring and a 28mm lens cap for a shorter option.

The rear cap for the adapter is the same as the rear lens cap for any e mount lens. If you want a front cap for the adapter its the same as a body cap for the e mount.

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
The MD is either a 55mm or 49mm thread for the hod so both are pretty easytofibd and widely used. I don't recall ever seeing an actual Minolta one however. I recently lost out on an OEM one for my 24/2.8 so I should think they are out there.

There are tons of rear caps, it's just the standard cap for a native E-Mount lens. I bought a 5 pack of NEX rear caps on eBay for $5 or $6.

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Missed focus on this one :(
DSC05448.jpg
   ---            

Unfortunately badly composed/cropped this one :(
DSC05449.jpg
   ---            

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
My MD is a 49mm thread. I haven't seen any Minolta lens hoods for the 50 but lots for other MDs. So, are you saying that I can use any Minolta MD lens hood that is 49mm thread?

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
Wow Nick I'm mighty impressed !! I love them, you've captured their relationship very well. See how a fast prime immediately unleashes your photographic powers, lol. Also the bouncer seems to work absolutely great. Keep them coming !

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Wow Nick I'm mighty impressed !! I love them, you've captured their relationship very well. See how a fast prime immediately unleashes your photographic powers, lol. Also the bouncer seems to work absolutely great. Keep them coming !

Thanks Claire, really appreciate your input and I would never have gone MF if it weren't for you :D

It really is a great lens ;)
So, what legacy is next, lol :p (joking)

applemint

TalkEmount Veteran
My MD is a 49mm thread. I haven't seen any Minolta lens hoods for the 50 but lots for other MDs. So, are you saying that I can use any Minolta MD lens hood that is 49mm thread?

Any generic screw in lens hood will work - you could get a small vented metal one like this: Black 49mm Metal Lens Hood For Voigtlander Olympus Leica M | eBay or a non-vented metal hood like this one: FOTGA 49mm Screw Mount Standard Metal Lens Hood for Sony NEX-5N NEX-7 A99 /Canon | eBay or a plastic petal one like this: 49mm Flower Lens Hood Petal Crown for Canon Nikon Sony Pentax | eBay or one of the folding plastic ones. I like the metal vented ones but it's down to personal preference really.

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Any generic screw in lens hood will work - you could get a small vented metal one like this: Black 49mm Metal Lens Hood For Voigtlander Olympus Leica M | eBay or a non-vented metal hood like this one: FOTGA 49mm Screw Mount Standard Metal Lens Hood for Sony NEX-5N NEX-7 A99 /Canon | eBay or a plastic petal one like this: 49mm Flower Lens Hood Petal Crown for Canon Nikon Sony Pentax | eBay or one of the folding plastic ones. I like the metal vented ones but it's down to personal preference really.

Perfect!!! Thank you very very much ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom