Finally (...and a few Q's)

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by NickCyprus, Dec 27, 2012.

1. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Finally got my MD-Nex adapter today, mounted it on and tried MF with a legacy for the 1st time!!!

Love my copy of the MD 50 1.7 (thanks "nianys" ;) ). The focus ring turns smoothly, as does the aperture ring
    The focus peaking (set to Mid with Yellow) and MF Assist feature does make everything easier (still have a lot of practise to do)

And the Questions:
    1) Is there a lens hood available for the MD 50 1.7? I can find many for the MD zoom lenses on ebay but nothing for the 50 :?
    2) Is there a rear cap available for the MD-Nex adapter?

Attached Files:

2. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Some quite shots - Straight out of the camera Jpegs (not PP), shot at f2.8, ISO400-800, 1/30-1/50, +0,7EV, using Flash with bouncer...

DSC05450.

DSC05444.

DSC05452.

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    If there isn't a specific hood for this lens you can use any generic threaded hood, either round or petal shaped. Or, you can use a step down ring and a 28mm lens cap for a shorter option.

The rear cap for the adapter is the same as the rear lens cap for any e mount lens. If you want a front cap for the adapter its the same as a body cap for the e mount.

4. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    The MD is either a 55mm or 49mm thread for the hod so both are pretty easytofibd and widely used. I don't recall ever seeing an actual Minolta one however. I recently lost out on an OEM one for my 24/2.8 so I should think they are out there.

There are tons of rear caps, it's just the standard cap for a native E-Mount lens. I bought a 5 pack of NEX rear caps on eBay for $5 or $6.

5. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Missed focus on this one :(
    DSC05448.

Unfortunately badly composed/cropped this one :(
    DSC05449.

6. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    My MD is a 49mm thread. I haven't seen any Minolta lens hoods for the 50 but lots for other MDs. So, are you saying that I can use any Minolta MD lens hood that is 49mm thread?

7. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Wow Nick I'm mighty impressed !! I love them, you've captured their relationship very well. See how a fast prime immediately unleashes your photographic powers, lol. Also the bouncer seems to work absolutely great. Keep them coming !

8. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Thanks Claire, really appreciate your input and I would never have gone MF if it weren't for you :D

It really is a great lens ;)
    So, what legacy is next, lol :p (joking)

9. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Nice shots Nick!

10. applemint

applemint TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Any generic screw in lens hood will work - you could get a small vented metal one like this: Black 49mm Metal Lens Hood For Voigtlander Olympus Leica M | eBay or a non-vented metal hood like this one: FOTGA 49mm Screw Mount Standard Metal Lens Hood for Sony NEX-5N NEX-7 A99 /Canon | eBay or a plastic petal one like this: 49mm Flower Lens Hood Petal Crown for Canon Nikon Sony Pentax | eBay or one of the folding plastic ones. I like the metal vented ones but it's down to personal preference really.

11. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Mistake, I think: you need a Minolta MD body cap for the front of the adapter.

12. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick

Perfect!!! Thank you very very much ;)

13. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Ah, good catch, you're exactly right. Proving yet again that I can actually type faster than I can think.