1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Filters for a6000?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by myattunthit, Feb 5, 2016.

1. myattunthit

myattunthit TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 4, 2016
    Myat Tun Thit
    please recommend filters and flash for a6000.

2. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    Specify please

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. myattunthit

Jan 4, 2016
    Myat Tun Thit
    I am not professional. I just want to protect my lens.

4. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    Some use skylight- or UV-filters to protect the front element of their lenses. Personally I havn't used such for years and I have some pretty expensive lenses among all the other stuff. If you choose to do, go with quality filters like B+W or similar. I thought you mean something like polarizers or neutral density filters :)

5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nissin Di700a with Air 1 Commander

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    I've had good experience with Hoya UV filters. Reasonably priced and very good quality. There are several lines, just select a mid level to high level offering (if you wish to spend more), as these provide better flare resistant coatings. The entry level model is usually made in the Philippines, and lack the advanced coatings. Stick with the made in Japan models.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. myattunthit

Jan 4, 2016
    Myat Tun Thit
    I need the filter for my coming sel24f18z. Is filter with 49 mm ok?

8. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    According to the lens spec online...yes. It uses a 49mm diameter filter.

9. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    While I have generally not bothered with UV/Haze filters for protecting my E-mount and adapted lenses, and have had few problems protecting and cleaning the outside elements so far, the large 72mm diameter of the outer element of my new SELP18105G has changed that view for me. I had a devil of a time cleaning a small smudge I accidentally made with my fingers taking off the equally cumbersome 72mm cap (I might need a new LensPen as well). So I broke down, went to a local camera shop (one of the few left - Photocraft / District Camera in Burke, VA) and picked up a Hoya NXT HMC UV 72mm filter.

I knew the Hoya name from my film days and the quick research I did seemed to say indicate that the NXT line was okay. At $44 for the 72mm, it was pushing my limit for a lens "accessory". I didn't spring for the HD2 or HD3 line, and I notice that the NXT is marked "Philippines", so I hope it works out okay. I am considering getting a 49mm and 55mm for my other lenses that might see dusty outdoor use, like the SEL55210 and Minolta 300/5.6 (but probably not for the huge 82mm diameter of my 120-600mm "Beast" - that could get really costly). Those are priced noticeably less in NXT series. I do have some generic 49mm Vivitar Series 1 filters (a UV, ND, and CPL) that came bundled with the cheap Vivitar close-up filters I got back when I was dabbling in that avenue for macro.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the Hoya filters, including the NXT series, or recommendations for other good, but not too expensive, brand names for filters?