Feline crop, various legacies and a SuperFast sneak peak

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by nianys, Nov 20, 2012.

1. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Several things happened today.

First, I visited my best friends. Her sons are pretty much in their sulky teens, but she has a bunch of cats who make willing models.

All cat shots are from the NEX 6 with the MD 50/1.7 (light fungus version, lol) wide open. A tad of added contrast in PP.

Meet Gobelin. He's a sweet yearling born with a neurologic issue. His brain isn't wired quite right, and he always look a bit bewildered, not quite connected.

Buzz, a stocky fully adult male. It's just a cat snap but I find the combination of sharpness, color, bokeh and contrast, even if all (except bokeh) are a bit enhanced in PP, quite pleasing.

Vaillant, about 5 or 6 months old, sweet, funny and wild.

Sweety is my favorite, a mature female reminiscing more of an old owl than of a cat.

On a very different note, I'm still searching/playing/swapping nifties. I think this has to be from the 55/1.7 Auto Revuenon that I have for sale (not 100% sure though) :

I love the way background blur renders perspective, it's just something that speaks to me on a deep level (though I'm aware it leaves other folks indifferent, or even annoys some).

A got a buyer for my FL 55/1.2 today, payment pending (I never consider a sale complete until paid for...). I didn't really want to part with it and listed it "to see", but somebody wants it and is giving a good price for it (sligtly more than what I paid for) so I thought it could go. I can always rebuy one if i miss it too much.

SuperFasts' perspective is pretty special though. This has to be at F1.4. Really, really sweet.

And the promised sneak peak, my two current SuperFasts side by side.
    The Porst Color Reflex MC Auto 55/1.2, along with the Canon FL with similar specs. Look how much smaller the Porst is ! I can't try it yet cause I don't have the PK adapter (on its way), but it's a pretty nice lens to hold. Though I'd want the focus ring smoother, it's a little stiff.

One last note regarding the NEX 6. Three weeks in now, starting to be pretty well "broken in". I've now switched to S mode to be able to fine tune exposure with the secondary (top, below the dial mode) wheel rather than the thumb wheel. Operates exactly the same, but much nicer to use. Getting really comfortable with the camera.
  2. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    those great shots mate. I love the scene in the first picture, looks like a movie star,the 4 wow, love the focus directly in the eyes, the DOF, well done Nianys. I have the Rokkor 50mm F1.7 and love it, is very sharp and provides high contrast.
  3. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Love them all, 4 is my favorite, along with the owl lol.

Great stuff. Love it.
  4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Those are great shots Claire!!!
    "Cat-wise" :)P) I love 2,3,4 and 5 :)
  5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
  6. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    The first kitty pic, with the shaft of light is superb; favourite is the one of your daughter with her blurry dad ;)
  7. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Here's my precious. She's been part of the family for so long that she's considered our "daughter" - she's a proud and jealous one, just like all Persians really :)

DSC05189-001 (crop & straight).jpg