Feedback and suggestions wanted for a TalkEmount ad to be hopefully placed at TOP

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I've enquired about the possibility of placing an ad for TalkEmount at The Online Photographer in order to help some more fellow E-mount photographers find their way here.

The ad space would be 170 x 280 px, and I want to keep it simple. This is what I came up with:

talkemount.

Anyone have other ideas or suggestions? Feel free to post your own ad idea if you have the time and inclination. Thanks!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Tipton

Tipton TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 30, 2016
    Rae Leggett
    I like it. Straight to the point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Feb 17, 2015
    Amin, you're assuming people will know to add dot com to that. You know what they say about assumptions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Good point :) . Clicking on the ad will bring them to our site, but I should probably spell out the address on the ad as well!

5. I like this ad -- catches the eye immediately, comes directly to the point and should arouse any e-mount user's curiosity so that they'll click to see what this is all about......

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Is one of these better than the original?

talkemount3. talkemount2.

7. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    I think it's important to have your branding, and the website URL is a good idea but I think the image has been force fit into a certain resolution so the logo looks pixelated on my computer? The latter is my preference if that is fixed. I wonder if you might play around with substituting "Love" with a [​IMG]heart

8. Luke

Luke TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 27, 2013
    I like the first one. The others look a touch cluttered in comparison.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Okay, here's the original next to a revised one with the URL. Which is better now?

talkemount. talkemount4.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kmac76

Kmac76 TalkEmount Veteran Subscribing Member

May 3, 2016
    New Jersey
    I like the one on the right- with the site address..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I like the one on the right, too -- including the site address was a good idea! Definitely keeping the logo in there as well is important, as that catches the eye more than the text does.

12. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Feb 17, 2015
    talkemount4.1.
    Obviously move the .com down a little bit so it didn't hit the E-MOUNT, but you get the idea.

Just my $.02 worth for free.

13. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Besides TOP, can anyone think of anywhere else I should advertise?

14. runnerpsu

runnerpsu TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2016
    South Florida
    I think it is important to include an icon because that is what many access on their mobile devices so what icon would give the best representation?

15. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Will probably go with one of these two. I think the one on the left is more eye catching.

talkemount4. unnamed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    Passionate about E-mount Bodies?
    So are we!

WE SPEAK SONY!

• Like Like x 1
  17. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Where to advertise? I honestly cannot recall where I heard about this site, so I thought about where I hang out. Mostly here, actually, but do sites like FM allow ads for potentially competing sites within specific forums/sections? I lurk over there in Sony and alt sections, and less on DPReview but again just in Sony-related sections, and dabble in a few Facebook groups. I have no idea what/if you can advertise to something specific like that, or if it is affordable and cost-effective.

18. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I'm pretty sure that FredMiranda and DPReview would say no. I can buy ads on Facebook.

19. I first learned of this site on NikonCafe when Amin first became the owner/admin there. Since I had a Sony NEX-7, the reference to E-mount caught my attention and I looked in a few times....but it wasn't until I was getting more interested in a couple of the new Sonys, the RX100 M6 and the A7 III, that I finally joined as a member.

What about Imaging-Resource? I wonder if they would accept an ad? That's the only other one I can think of off the top of my head. Of course there is always word-of-mouth by members, too, when on other sites, casually mentioning this one as a specific source for discussing Sony E-mount full-frame and APS-C cameras and lenses....

• Like Like x 1
  20. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    You do have to be careful about this, though. Some sites frown on that sort of thing, and more often you are not allowed to link to other sites.

That said, I think that may have been how I found this place. I think it was mentioned in a DPReview thread or two.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.