1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

FE-Mount adaptor

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Lurch, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Lurch

Lurch TalkEmount Regular

Apr 5, 2015
    Canberra, Australia
    Jason
    Quick Q..
    So its seems I now have both a Nex6 AND an A7 coming.
    I've already ordered a m42 adaptor for the Nex, given the E and FE mounts are physically the same, will the adaptor work fine on the A7?

2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    Generally speaking it shouldn't be a problem, although I've heard of cases where the adapter caused vignetting or other issues but this is most like only very small percentage of adapters

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lurch

Lurch TalkEmount Regular

Apr 5, 2015
    Canberra, Australia
    Jason
    Thanks mate. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I have quite a bunch of adapters, Novoflex and Chinese stuff, and none of them have issues on the A7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    The only issues I've ever had with cheap adapters are 1) some wouldn't quite focus to infinity (most focus beyond it), and 2) some caused internal light reflection off of the sensor with longer lenses. Both problems are easily detected, so you can return the adapter immediately if you do a little testing once you receive it.

6. Lurch

Lurch TalkEmount Regular

Apr 5, 2015
    Canberra, Australia
    Jason
    Ive adapters in the past that do weird light reflections. I fixed one recently by painting the internal surface with matte black Plasti-Dip!
    Ive read others have fixed it by sanding the internal surface very, very lightly with some very fine (2000 grade) wet and dry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DigitalD

DigitalD TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    Yep that should work. Though now a days there are plenty to choose from so if you get a dud just send it back. I've had luck with Fotodiox and Novoflex adaptors.

8. Lurch

Lurch TalkEmount Regular

Apr 5, 2015
    Canberra, Australia
    Jason
    Unfortunately in Australia that can mean weeks turnaround. ANd the return postage is generally worth more than the item, so I just tend to fix it and remember not to buy that brand/seller again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    Ive had a couple of dud adapters, bought them from ebay and just left a neutral feedback (which is just like leaving bad feedback) seller then contacted me about the feedback and gave me a full refund.