FE 70-200 F4 Arrived

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by malboni, Feb 23, 2016.

1. malboni

malboni New to TalkEmount

Feb 2, 2016
    Finally jumped in a bought a FE 70-200 f4.
    Motorcycle race season about to start, can't wait to shoot some flat out superbikes (probably in the rain) to find out just how good this lens is...Any tips?
    Oulton Park in Cheshire first....
    Will post any good images.

• Like Like x 4
  2. nidza

nidza TalkEmount Regular

Nov 1, 2013
    Serbia
    OSS on, Mode 2 for panning. Start with S mode, 1/200, and reduce shutter speed step by step, until background is very blurred. Use EVF, no LCD.

Find good spot where you can freely wipe with your camera, fast corner for example.

DSC03714_zpsrmrm2vuv.

This is with A5100, didn't have A7ii last September in Monza. Small Sony is very difficult for panning, but A7ii does it much better. This year we will pick some other circut.

• Like Like x 7
  3. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    nidza, this is a great shot. It invites me to examine it closely and rewards me continuously. Thanks for sharing!

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. malboni

malboni New to TalkEmount

Feb 2, 2016
    Nizam, I agree with chalk dust, great shot and I am grateful for the advice you offered.
    Hopefully, my IQ will be as good as yours.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. nidza

nidza TalkEmount Regular

Nov 1, 2013
    Serbia
    Appreciated. This is not so complicated technique, with DSLR is actually quite easy, most of the attempts are successful. More important to get good spot. It is also easy with A7ii, maybe it would have been easy with 70-200/4 FE G on A5100, but I didn't have it in that time. 50 1.8 isn't so good for panning, 16-50 OSS as well. But, with a lot of trying at the end some of the photos succeeded. I have plenty more, maybe some day I present them.

If any advice needed, don't hesitate.

DSC02934_zps2rue1cwd.

Kimi Raikkonen in Ferrari

• Like Like x 6
  6. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    Can't wait to see some SBK action! :popcorm2: Great advice and images, Nidza! :thumbup: