1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

FE 16-35 f4 ordered

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by sdsyver, Sep 21, 2014.

1. sdsyver

sdsyver Here to Learn and Enjoy!

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    Shawn
    How many other people are as impatient as me? I'll go nuts now waiting!

2. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Oh boy, I dont like to think how much money I have wasted sometimes to get things quicker by a day or two :D So yeah I get it.

3. sonicbuffalo

sonicbuffalo TalkEmount Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    North Carolina
    Chris
    Good lens choice....I'm planning on getting that lens too...but I have to wait a while.....Adorama doesn't have their cost yet, so I don't know what my discount will be. But, I am willing to wait.

4. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Heh I am telling myself I'm waiting for the reviews to come out but in truth it's only because I currently live in the UK, and have to wait till I next travel back to the States or Asia when I get it... the savings can be half the air-ticket!

• Like Like x 1
  5. tomme

tomme TalkEmount Regular

Apr 9, 2014
    Norway
    Tom Erik Sivertsen
    I will wait for reviews, if it has great corner sharpness i might sell my nikon 14-24 !

6. sdsyver

sdsyver Here to Learn and Enjoy!

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    Shawn
    I canceled my order the other day. Will not arrive until almost Christmas and that time of year gets silly so will wait. I do look forward to reading a few reviews and looking at samples from those that do get it however.

7. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    • Like Like x 3
  8. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Checked them and as far as I can see it's a very good optic. However, for this kind of money I'd want pin-sharp pictures at f/11 or thereabouts and that sharpness isn't there completely. I've looked at the A7R samples to judge on sharpness, the A7S samples are not representative for the performance on my A7. Also, this sample looks a bit less sharp on the right edge than on the left; barely, but still. Anyway, I'll have some time to think about getting one because I've blown all my hobby money (and more) on the model railway startup :eek_old:.

9. pjtan25

pjtan25 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 26, 2011
    B&H had them in stock.
    Came in today.

10. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    Lookin forward to read your feedback. Quickly tested it this week-end. Looks promising.