1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fastest AF....?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by dragion, May 28, 2014.

1. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    • Like Like x 2
  2. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    It would have made more sense to compare the mirrorless cameras to a entry level Dslr instead of a D4s. It is really hard to draw any conclusion since the D4s is arguably the best action camera in the world. If they switch the mirrorless cameras for various DSLRs, the same thing would happen; the D4s would be better.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

3. dragion

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    I think the whole purpose behind it was to show what abilities the mirrorless cameras can perform compared to one of the best DSLR...if it was just an entry level DSLR, then it wouldn't matter as much.

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Pretty impressive on all counts. Mirrorless may well soon replace all but the top-of-the-line DSLRs for the masses. Only those who are just philosophically opposed to an EVF or absolutely need the features of a D4s class camera will resist.

Over time the gap will get smaller and smaller though. And that's a good thing IMO. ;)

5. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    We just need the ill-informed to realise turning up with a mirror-less to a pro event is not a bad thing. Sometimes its great not being noticed with what people think is a P&S, but when you need to make people feel comfortable that you know what you are doing it's a real issue!

Luckily the end results usually change their mind... I just earned a bottle of wine for the shots I got as a guest at a wedding as they were so impressed with them which was a nice surprise!

6. WestOkid

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Hmmm. I think it doesn't tell me much. You have a camera they aren't as good as (D4s) and nothing else. We have now relative point of reference.

I used the a6000 at a local camera store. It kills my 5t, but it certainly can't be used on NFL sidelines. I would like to know where it sits.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

7. christian

christian TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    This is the video I posted 5 days ago. I like this comparison. It shows that the fastest AF from mirrorless are now equivalent to most DSLRs and that if we want a good comparison we need a high level DSLR.

8. dragion

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William

Just do a bit of research regarding the A6000 vs D4s...the price difference will speak for itself.
    ($600+ compared to $7,000+)

I'm in a decision right now regarding to keep my D7000 since I've purchased the A6000.

9. christian

christian TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    Exactly. I don't think mirrorless cameras have anything to envy to DSLRs now. It's even the opposite as the mirrorless are lighter and more confortable to use.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/118310489@N03/

10. WestOkid

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    That is actually my point, but I don't want to belabor that.

If you don't mind, I would be much more interested in hearing your AF comparison between the 2. I know the D7000 is a couple years old, but would be good to hear from someone like you?

• Like Like x 1