Fast Pocketable Lenses and Thin Adapters

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by LouisJohnD, Dec 7, 2012.

1. LouisJohnD

LouisJohnD TalkEmount Regular

Dec 2, 2012
    Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and I love it! I have spent most of my time in the adapted lens categories as I'm trying to find the best "pocketable" lens for my 5N and recently added 6. What do you think is the fastest, sharpest, and most pocketable lens/adapter combination for your nex?

2. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Voigtlander 35/1.4 by a country mile

Edit: or 40/1.4 heh

3. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Pen-F and LTM (m39) and Leica M are some of the smallest adapters. The Olympus Pen-F 38/1.8, 40/1.4 are compact, so is the Jupiter-8 (LTM) or even the Leica Summicron-C 40/2 or M-Rokkor 40/2.

There are also the little Pentax 110 lenses which are a lot smaller but I'm guessing not what you are looking for.

4. LouisJohnD

LouisJohnD TalkEmount Regular

Dec 2, 2012
    Thank you for your replies! I have been looking into the Olympus Pen-F 38/1.8 and 40/1.4 recently and they look like great lenses, and not too pricey either. I've also been looking into half-frame camera lenses, specifically the lens robertro posted in previous adapted lenses thread - the Konica EYE 30mm 1.9. Its focal length is perfect for my needs, it's reasonably fast and just looks great on the camera. However in doing some more research it appears some heavy modifications are required to make lenses like these work properly on the nex cameras... I'm not sure if I want to take a chance ruining a lens :/

The Pentax 110 lenses are just a bit to small for me, especially now that I have the NEX-6, a slightly larger build than the 5N.