FAQ: Uploading photos, profile pictures, signatures, and avatars

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    To create albums so you can upload photos to this site, click on the Gallery tab at the top of the screen and choose "Add Album" from the drop down menu.

To upload a profile pic (shown in your profile), use this link: https://www.talkemount.com/profile.php?do=editprofilepic

To change or create a signature (shown at the bottom of your posts, use this link: https://www.talkemount.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

We're going to try something different with avatars (shown in your posts) on this site - inspired by the MacRumors forums - a 100 post requirement for having an avatar :eek:. Note that I am holding myself to the same requirement. It took me 2 years to get an avatar in the MacRumors forum, but it made it special when I got there :).

To upload an avatar (after making 100 posts), use this link: https://www.talkemount.com/profile.php?do=editavatar

2. Penny

Penny TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    Liverpool
    Sorry Amin to be pest but I've tried the Edit Avatar to insert along side my 'posts' there does not seem to be a way of selecting a new Avatar to upload.

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Hi Penny, I'm trying something different on this site, which is to reserve avatars for those with 500 forum posts. That's how it is on another board I frequent (MacRumors), and I found it kind of a fun thing to look forward to over there.

4. Penny

Penny TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    Liverpool
    Ah thats what you meant I didn't understand...it'll be a long time till I reach 500 posts...

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    It'll be a long time for all of us, but I think that will be part of the fun. At least, that's how it was for me at MacRumors.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

6. Yadex

Yadex TalkEmount Regular

Jul 4, 2013
    New Jersey
    I try to change my profile picture and say is unable to save and try with the same picture size that recommends

Sent from my iPad using TalkNEX mobile app

7. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    You won't be able to have an avatar picture here until you have made it to 100 posts, Yadex. If you read Amin's first post above, he explains it all.

8. Selten

Selten TalkEmount Regular

Oct 22, 2012
    Rhineland, Germany
    Lusi
    well, I am now in the same boat as yadex, and with over 100 posts under my belt. I tried to change my avatar, and have so far only been able to delete it. If I try to replace it via the two options given, it tells me "Unable to save image" or "Invalid File", altough the file is the right size. Any idea what is going on?

• Like Like x 1
  9. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Hm. I have no clue. Here's hoping Amin reads this and comes to the rescue.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I am looking into this.

11. Selten

Oct 22, 2012
    Rhineland, Germany
    Lusi
    Thank you!

12. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Same for me today...
    Wanted to change my avatar and profile picture, but just said "unable to save image" or something...
    Tried to delete my old avatar first... now it seems to be gone forever and nbo new one could be choosen!?!?!

13. Selten

Oct 22, 2012
    Rhineland, Germany
    Lusi
    welcome to the club, Grisu - sadly :(

14. Grisu_HDH

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Any news?
    I feel some kind of naked without any avatar...

15. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Sorry not yet, I tried unsuccessfully to solve this. Will try again this weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TalkEmount mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. Grisu_HDH

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Ok Amin, no prob...
    I just feel so "unpersonal" without my avatar *grin*

• Like Like x 1
  17. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I think this is fixed now. Sorry for the delay. Please let me know if it is working for you.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Grisu_HDH

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Works!!! *thumbup*

• Like Like x 1