1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EVF with F3

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by alaios, Aug 18, 2013.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi all,
    I am using the EVF with my F3 and I kind not find it super helpful...

a. Well have to admit that I do like that resolution but
    b. it takes time a small lag actually, when I put my eye to turns on and help me compose my shot.
    c. I think is kindly harder to see the peaking lines , as is higher resolution and the peaking lines then hardly visible. I am not sure how to improve that.
    d. What else EVF offered you? I find it also limited that you have to have the camera at your eye level, where with the screen you can see what you shoot with an angle.
    e. How you use the EVF and why you think is important and when not?

Regards
    Alex

2. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    a.
    b. I use the NEX-7 and there is little lag time from screen to EVF
    c. Yes, it can be harder to see the peaking with the EVF so you may need to set it at a higher value, medium instead of low or high instead of medium.
    d. It's better than the screen in bright light and it acts as another point of stabilization in low light or lower shutter speed situations especially with adapted lens that have no OSS. It helps me compose a little better than the screen as all I'm seeing is what the sensor will see rather than everything around me and while the camera may be at eye level, my eyes may not be at eye level as I move around, kneel, crouch etc to get the shot I want. I can adjust the EVF for my eyes.
    e. If I can get the shot I want with the EVF, I use it as there will be less camera shake for me, If I need or it's more convenient to use the screen, I do.

3. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    d. I never thought that, image stabilization... I will try it.

4. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    sometimes the nex switched to the evf when my head gets close to the body which if of course very annoying....

5. Tabibito

Tabibito TalkEmount Regular

Apr 1, 2013
    Well you can always set the display switch to manual on the settings. That way you'll have to press the small button on the EVF to switch display.