1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Everything you ever wanted to know about Nex? (Video)

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by applemint, Dec 16, 2012.

1. applemint

applemint TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Came across this video via a link in a photography blog:

[video=youtube;co2Qa9y_1Ns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co2Qa9y_1Ns[/video]

Ok, it's basically a 2 hour advert (yes, 2 hours!) for the Sony Nex system and there was no way I was going to sit and watch all that. But I had it playing in a separate tab while I was doing other stuff and I switched to the video now and then but I was mostly listening rather than watching. A few things were interesting though - like the panorama mode taking 100 pictures (that will up your shutter count, no wonder it sounds like a machine gun!) and the plan for a couple more pancake lenses by the end of 2012 (which never happened unless you count the new 'kit' zoom as one pancake I guess).

But it's good that someone who is a keen photographer is part of the Sony Nex team and for anyone who is new to Nex it might be of interest? (The video is from a year ago though, so a bit out of date). I thought it was worth playing in the background as something to listen to anyway...

The Nex camera is a pretty impressive bit of technology anyway, especially considering it came out over 2 years ago.