1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Ever wonder just how well your camera sees?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by AlwaysOnAuto, Sep 6, 2016.

1. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    I'm easily impressed and today I was kind of blown away by just how well my camera/lens combo could see. I was out on the pier at Huntington Beach today and took a shot looking south, from the pier.
    I brought up the picture in my rudimentary processing program and started looking at the shots I'd taken when I came to this one that I remember focusing on the power plant. I moved around to see what else the camera caught and was surprised when I could make out the Newport Beach pier some 5.5 miles south. This was done with my Nikon Micro-Nikkor 55 f2.8 lens. This is a crop of the pier portion of the picture.

DSC06174-1.

• Like Like x 5
  2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Fully agree on that. I'm going to experiment with printing large just to show everything in a picture without having to crop, I like pictures in which a lot is going on.

3. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Maybe it is time to resurrect the Hi-Res forum.

4. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Here is the jpg of the photo I cropped.

DSC06174.JPG
    The pier is to the far right where the land just meets the water line.

5. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Wow. That is pretty amazing detail. This was with your A7ii I presume?

6. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    Looks like the sensor needs a minor cleaning :)

7. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    You are correct Bob, that was with the a7ii.

db, it probably does need a cleaning as it's been to the beach a few times in the last month or so, on the bike. They have blowers to blow the sand off the bike path down at the State Beach and they create a lot of dust unfortunately. I try to keep it clean but, stuff happens. What can I say?