• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

evening cloud

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Evening clouds. Too wide to shoot. Oh wait, I has fisheye! 5N/Pentax DA1017.

NEX-5N    DA1017    10mm    f/8.0    1/5s    ISO 100

NEX-5N    DA1017    10mm    f/8.0    1/6s    ISO 100

Apparently I has sensor dust bunnies as well. :p

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all. :)

It was a fleeting thing (I was late to the party as usual), literally 2 minutes after the second shot this was gone as the sun had dropped below the clouds on the horizon.

It is amazing how easy these shots are to make with the 5N/EVF. Move the EVF up as far as it goes, point the camera straight up and look through the viewfinder like you normally would. With a fixed viewfinder you're reduced to either laying on your back or doing a extreme backbend. The LCD is an option, but somewhat limited compared to the EVF.

Now I need to go find some churches with cool ceilings… ;)

markoneswift

TalkEmount Veteran
You need to turn something like that into a 'little planet" :) Stereographic projections are GO !

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Fun, nice coloring.
You need to turn something like that into a 'little planet" :) Stereographic projections are GO !
They are fun if you can get the right sky. I'll look into creating a "little planet" out of it, but I think I'd need more structure along the edge of the frame to make it work right. :)

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Thank you all. :)

It was a fleeting thing (I was late to the party as usual), literally 2 minutes after the second shot this was gone as the sun had dropped below the clouds on the horizon.

It is amazing how easy these shots are to make with the 5N/EVF. Move the EVF up as far as it goes, point the camera straight up and look through the viewfinder like you normally would. With a fixed viewfinder you're reduced to either laying on your back or doing a extreme backbend. The LCD is an option, but somewhat limited compared to the EVF.

Now I need to go find some churches with cool ceilings… ;)
With a fisheye?! I'm impressed (amazed) that you didn't catch a piece of your forehead in the composition!

Church ceilings would look great on the fisheye.

-

Have you (or anyone) tried to shoot a 3D photo with the NEX yet?

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
With a fisheye?! I'm impressed (amazed) that you didn't catch a piece of your forehead in the composition!

Church ceilings would look great on the fisheye.

-

Have you (or anyone) tried to shoot a 3D photo with the NEX yet?
With the Pentax adapter the lens is long enough that your noggin is out of the frame. Win!

Might have to do it off the tripod with a e-mount fisheye. I guess I'll find out if I ever see one. ;)

I've not seen anyone who's tried 3D with a NEX so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom