1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Eliot goes to Colorado! - Part 1 of 2

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by LoFi, Jul 23, 2014.

1. LoFi

LoFi TalkEmount Regular

Nov 16, 2013
    Eliot
    WOW! i FINALLY get back to colorado, and its for WORK! BLAH!
    Colorado is where i want to wind up! Boulder, but id settle for Denver ;)
    Colorado is where i met my copilot, Gonzo!
    i did end up having sat/sun free, so went around denver one day, and boulder the next, but i was work bossman, so i wasnt totally free to just wander and do photography... he doesnt understand the ARTEEST's need to wander! lol
    ;D

while @ the austin airport:

DSC00596.

DSC00625.

denver:

DSC00737.

DSC00754.

DSC00807.

DSC00817.

when we landed we hopped in a rental truck and immediately rode out towards utah. go easy on me and the camera here... i kept getting grumbles when id roll the window down to take photos. apparently someone doesnt understand that shooting thru a dirty filthy window isnt the best thing for optimal image quality. plus, apparently the smoke from the fires in washington are causing a lot of haze(which dropped contrast a lot!) and even my extreme slider happy nature can only fix a jpg so much ;) mebbe ill start shooting raw...? *quirks eyebrow, pinky to mouth*finally made it into Utah. it was a lot of... OMG STEEPNESS!
    OMG BRAKES!
    OMG DONT KILL ME!
    OMG TURN TURN TURN!
    OMG GUARD RAIL!
    OMG I SWEAR I WILL HAUNT YOU IF I DIE YOU AND LIVE WHEN WE HIT THE BOTTOM OF THIS CLIFF!!!
    lol

DSC01384.

DSC01386.

after so many "why do you keep having to roll the window down...?" questions, or passive aggressive huffing and puffing and eye rolling, i took a picture out the front window, and showed him the screen. it worked for a few minutes, before the childlike passive aggressive grumbles started up again, lol!ok, definitely not an amazing photo, but i just loved the pop! lol!

DSC01455.

DSC01596.

our work tour guide for utah...

DSC01620.

and a day later, we head back towards denver...

DSC01770.

DSC01825.

DENVER! Oh, Frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

DSC01906.

a room with a view!

DSC01915.

opposite the elevators, i loved looking at the way the building over warped the reflections

DSC01916.

looked up some fun restaurants to try out... settled on one a 25 minute walk north.. we headed out...i thought this street art was... interesting... since it was on the wall of a homeless shelter

DSC01972.

ok, we got to the restaurant, but it was in the middle of 25-35 year old OUT ON THE TOWN part of town, so it had a TWO HOUR WAIT!!!!
    sorry, yer foods not THAT good.. and neither is Franklin's BBQ in austin.. slashrant... lol

i SO need one of these 29'r offroad tire bikes! it looks so fun!

DSC01975.

walking to restaurant option #2... a photographer on top of a parking garage, i couldnt tell what she was photographing, but im sure she couldnt see what i saw either... fair is fair!
    second restaurant... closed. they only serve breakfast and lunch... WHAT?!

DSC01979.

DSC01982.

the baseball field!

DSC01987.

DSC01988.

bossman was getting EXTRA cantankerous since he, for reasons that make no sense to me, hadnt eaten anything all day, so we just stopped at the next restaurant we saw with no wait... it turned out to be some super uppity place. i got passive aggressive grumbles for apparently "forcing" us to eat there. lol $90 later we headed back towards the hotel...

the next day

DSC02032.

DSC02040.

some squirrels are born rebels...

DSC02054.

a sculpture of a naked man, face down in a 2" puddle of water

DSC02116.

denver art museum building

DSC02131.

went to washington park, and wandered around a bit. this is my new favorite tree! it was like a small version of home tree! or so it felt to me :D gooses! geeses! i want my geese to...

DSC02201.

... chase gold ducks for...easter...?... wait.. thats not....
    to be continued!

• Like Like x 7
  2. stephen431

stephen431 TalkEmount Regular

May 2, 2014
    Fan!
    Tastic!

• Like Like x 1
  3. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    :2thumbs: awesome photos!

What gear?

• Like Like x 1
  4. LoFi

LoFi TalkEmount Regular

Nov 16, 2013
    Eliot
    all shots were taken with A7S and the 55/1.8
    i had just gotten it, so had to take it out to play with! it replaced my olympus em1 and 75/1.8 i had previously decided i was going to stick to for the trip(still have it, just new toy = new fun!lol)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    If sony needed a selling point for this camera here it is.

As we all can see... Not just for video.

Making me second guess my A7r now.

Some of the best pics I've seen with any A7 series camera hands down.

Really nice my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkNEX mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. LoFi

LoFi TalkEmount Regular

Nov 16, 2013
    Eliot
    oh wow! thanks for the compliment!!!!

i had zero intention of using the movie mode
    tho i HAVE used it just to test, tho i havent even bothered to look at it...
    but i love the stills look it has!

i wouldnt second guess the a7r from anything here
    other than MAYBE i might have had a slightly diff composition from slightly slower focus of the a7r vs the a7s.. like the family on the 4 wheel bike, they woulda just been a tad closer. i dont think i did anything where id have LOST a photo entirely due to focus speed issues, tho

plus you can crop down to 12mp and yer noise levels look just as good as my a7s up to iso 25,600(imo - which i think is my upper limit on auto iso, so im not even using the levels that put me ahead! lol) and ive not yet needed terribly high shutter speed while in low light... dont stress.. go take pretty pics! :D

and i think the only lens that would suck for yer higher mp sensor would be the 28-70 cheaper kit. i might be able to get away with using it vs the zeiss version easier since the sensors less resolution.. or so i am lead to believe by smarter spec type people :D

7. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    An amazing set of photos!!! There are so many I can't pick a favorite :)

8. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    :bravo-009:

Those are some exceptional shots...and did I read right that these were shot in JPG? :tiphat:

9. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    amazing series you have there, especially like the sepia tone shots, btw welcome to the forum :cool:

10. LoFi

LoFi TalkEmount Regular

Nov 16, 2013
    Eliot
    thanks so much stephen! im loving the results from the camera and lens
    the colors are so deep, and the contrast is so nice, that i find myself making those adjustments in much smaller levels than with my mu43 gear(which i also LOVE)

• Like Like x 1