Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by christilou, Sep 16, 2015.

1. christilou

christilou TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Not having a clue what this is I've been googling to find out..... when would this be the most useful. I read that some people have it set to on all the time. I take quite a few shots in low light at around 1/60th which sometimes ends in blur. Would using this help me ?
  2. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    i for one have it set ON for my NEX5r all the time. however, i'm not sure i have the knowledge to say it's doing me any good or not.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    I have it set on all the time (NEX-7)...here's a video of the difference in speed between mechanical shutter and EFCS.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    FWIW, I printed off the Sony manual when I got an NEX-7, then went right down each of the menu pages, making a note of all the default settings in the brand new NEX-7 so I'd always have a factory setting reference.
    Just checked my notations in the Sony manual and see that EFCS came set to 'ON' as a factory default setting.
  5. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Ad Dieleman
    I have it always set to ON both on my A7 and NEX-6. The absolute freedom of vibration from the first shutter curtain helps in combatting vibration, so it won't hurt unless you're getting at shutter speeds faster than 1/1000 s, then EFCS may result in uneven exposure across the frame. I don't think I ever switched it off for actual picture taking, only for listening to the difference in shutter sound.