EFCS

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by christilou, Sep 16, 2015.

1. christilou

christilou TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    Not having a clue what this is I've been googling to find out..... when would this be the most useful. I read that some people have it set to on all the time. I take quite a few shots in low light at around 1/60th which sometimes ends in blur. Would using this help me ?

2. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    i for one have it set ON for my NEX5r all the time. however, i'm not sure i have the knowledge to say it's doing me any good or not.

• Like Like x 1
  3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Legend

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I have it set on all the time (NEX-7)...here's a video of the difference in speed between mechanical shutter and EFCS.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Legend

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    PS:
    FWIW, I printed off the Sony manual when I got an NEX-7, then went right down each of the menu pages, making a note of all the default settings in the brand new NEX-7 so I'd always have a factory setting reference.
    Just checked my notations in the Sony manual and see that EFCS came set to 'ON' as a factory default setting.

5. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I have it always set to ON both on my A7 and NEX-6. The absolute freedom of vibration from the first shutter curtain helps in combatting vibration, so it won't hurt unless you're getting at shutter speeds faster than 1/1000 s, then EFCS may result in uneven exposure across the frame. I don't think I ever switched it off for actual picture taking, only for listening to the difference in shutter sound.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.