• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

echoes

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
So, I went back to the twin towers memorial this morning because there was a really evil looking sky. Unfortunately, in the 15 minutes that it took me to get there most of the clouds had cleared off. Since I was there (and the poo spreaders weren't) I went ahead and took some shots anyway.

I guess I'll be going back at least a third time. [sigh]

I call this one "echoes" because someone has placed a small hand held flag in the top of the flag rope lock box. I thought it echoed the larger flag nicely. But I really need a wider lens than the SEL16.

twin_t120623_09.jpg
NEX-5N    E 16mm F2.8    16mm    f/5.6    1/800s    ISO 100

You can see the rest of the shots I've processed on my blog.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Thanks guys. I was wishing for either a wider lens, a better articulated LCD so I could sit down and hold the camera just off the ground, or a better articulated body to do the same thing. Getting old sucks.:p

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Thanks Paul. I didn't see it at first either as I was shooting long shots. When I walked up and saw it the shot just kinda sceamed "shoot me!"

JimR

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jim
I went through Kennewick last month. Wish I had known about this. In any case you captured the memorial well. Thanks for sharing.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
I went through Kennewick last month. Wish I had known about this. In any case you captured the memorial well. Thanks for sharing.

Hehe, Kennewick seems a bit off the beaten path for someone from Texas. Thanks for the kind words, if you ever get up this way again give me a shout and I'll show you all three of the cool things to shoot around here. Ok, maybe there's four things. ;)

Latest threads

Top Bottom