1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

echoes

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Bimjo, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    So, I went back to the twin towers memorial this morning because there was a really evil looking sky. Unfortunately, in the 15 minutes that it took me to get there most of the clouds had cleared off. Since I was there (and the poo spreaders weren't) I went ahead and took some shots anyway.

I guess I'll be going back at least a third time. [sigh]

I call this one "echoes" because someone has placed a small hand held flag in the top of the flag rope lock box. I thought it echoed the larger flag nicely. But I really need a wider lens than the SEL16.

twin_t120623_09.

You can see the rest of the shots I've processed on my blog.

2. Ray Vardy

Ray Vardy TalkEmount Regular

Worth the return trip I think!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I really like this perspective.

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Thanks guys. I was wishing for either a wider lens, a better articulated LCD so I could sit down and hold the camera just off the ground, or a better articulated body to do the same thing. Getting old sucks.:p

5. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Good shot,
    I didn't notice the little flag at first but it really adds to the photo!
    Cheers,
    Paul

6. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Thanks Paul. I didn't see it at first either as I was shooting long shots. When I walked up and saw it the shot just kinda sceamed "shoot me!"

7. JimR

JimR TalkEmount Regular

Mar 28, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Jim
    I went through Kennewick last month. Wish I had known about this. In any case you captured the memorial well. Thanks for sharing.

8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Hehe, Kennewick seems a bit off the beaten path for someone from Texas. Thanks for the kind words, if you ever get up this way again give me a shout and I'll show you all three of the cool things to shoot around here. Ok, maybe there's four things. ;)