echoes

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Bimjo, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    So, I went back to the twin towers memorial this morning because there was a really evil looking sky. Unfortunately, in the 15 minutes that it took me to get there most of the clouds had cleared off. Since I was there (and the poo spreaders weren't) I went ahead and took some shots anyway.

I guess I'll be going back at least a third time. [sigh]

I call this one "echoes" because someone has placed a small hand held flag in the top of the flag rope lock box. I thought it echoed the larger flag nicely. But I really need a wider lens than the SEL16.

twin_t120623_09.jpg

You can see the rest of the shots I've processed on my blog.

2. Ray Vardy

Ray Vardy TalkEmount Regular

Worth the return trip I think!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I really like this perspective.

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Thanks guys. I was wishing for either a wider lens, a better articulated LCD so I could sit down and hold the camera just off the ground, or a better articulated body to do the same thing. Getting old sucks.:p

5. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Good shot,
    I didn't notice the little flag at first but it really adds to the photo!
    Cheers,
    Paul

6. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Thanks Paul. I didn't see it at first either as I was shooting long shots. When I walked up and saw it the shot just kinda sceamed "shoot me!"

7. JimR

JimR TalkEmount Regular

Mar 28, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Jim
    I went through Kennewick last month. Wish I had known about this. In any case you captured the memorial well. Thanks for sharing.

8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Hehe, Kennewick seems a bit off the beaten path for someone from Texas. Thanks for the kind words, if you ever get up this way again give me a shout and I'll show you all three of the cool things to shoot around here. Ok, maybe there's four things. ;)