ebay: Wrong shipping address?

Discussion in 'Coffee Bar' started by Poki, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Hi all,

well, I ordered a Fujian 35mm f/1.7 yesterday and everything was perfect. Then I received the shipping mail today, which told me they're going to ship it to my old address. Whaaat??

I instantly opened my Paypal account, where my address was correct. Then I checked my ebay account, and ... I've forgot to change the address when I moved to my new house this summer (I don't buy often at ebay). I already contacted the seller, but they told me they shipped it to the correct address and I should try to get the package there ... which isn't as easy as it sounds.

So, the question is: How can I get my package now? I mean it ships from Hong Kong and I even don't know who ships it (TNT, DPD, or even the standard mail) so I don't know what to do ...

Thanks for your help!

2. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hmmm..
    Ask the seller for the carrier's name and tracking number if there is one, you can then try contacting the shipper and provide the tracking number to update the delivery address to the correct one. This will be a rare occassion that you will want a courier company to be slack and slow as if the goods are already in transit it becomes harder and complicated.

If the goods are already in transit (provided you got the carrier's name and tracking number) you can contact your local branch of that carrier and explain to them the situation (they will most likely contact their overseas branch where the goods were shipped from who in turn will contact the sender of the goods to verify), if all goes well you should recieve the items.

If the sender does not know who they've sent it with (this has happened to me in the past) or if there is no tracking number, unfortunately the only way I can think of is contacting the local post office from your old address and explain to them the situation, fax or email them a copy of your driver's license with your current address or any official document that has your current address.

Lastly if everything else fails, see if you can contact whoever is now living in your old address and explain to the situation (hoping that they're nice folks) just tell them that you will pay for the postage and please send it to your current address.

Hope it works out dude, good luck :)

3. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Thanks for your tips!

The seller just got me back and told me it's shipped via standard mail. The local postman knows me, so he should be able to get the package to me (at least I hope so :)).

As I don't have a tracking number, I just wait for the package here. Ebay should inform me when it's shipped, so if it's at my old house, I'll contact them.

Thanks again for your help. I really hope I'll get it this year. Seems to be a nice lens. :D

4. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Cool, sounds good. Please post some images taken with this lens when it arrives ;)

5. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Sure I will! ;)

Let's see how cool this lens can be with some creativity. :)