Ebay Helicoid Adaptor

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Daum, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Daum

Daum TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 16, 2014
    So I bought my first range finder lens (Voigtlander 40mm 1.4 MC) for my A7r and noticed that I can't focus as close as I can with with my other lenses. After doing some research, I realized that this is a characteristic of rangefinder lenses. I wanted the Voigtlander VM-E Close Focus Adapter but $300 is kinda steep right now even after measuring the distance to see how close I can focus.

I know about the Hawks adapters but those are still about $100 so I figured I'll get the cheaper Ebay ones for $40 to see how well it works and if i like it I'll invest in either the Hawks or Voigtlander. I must say I'm really impressed with how well this "cheap" version works. The description says it's made out of aluminum and brass, but it feels too light. It also seems to have a lot of grease. I'm just afraid with it being cheaper that it may fall apart or small chippings will get into my sensor. I think I'm just being paranoid. Has anyone else tried these adapters?

Here are some sample shots

Normal minimum focus distance at .07 m

Close focus activated.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Thanks for posting this. A close focus helicoid adapter is definitely on my GAS list, though I own only one M lens (Voigtlander 35/1.4). How close is the second shot from the image?