Early morning at the airport

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyTurley, May 22, 2013.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I took a few pics at the local airport this morning using my Vivitar 50/1.8, shooting in Shutter Priority. Aperture was f/11, with Auto ISO. I was shooting handheld, and they are not as sharp as I'd like. I think I'll go back to straight manual. Close-up is easy; I'm still feeling my way around with sweeping landscape shots, trying to determine the best place to focus to get front to back sharpness. One technique I've used is to shoot a pic, move the focus ring a bit, shoot another, and repeat as much as I feel necessary. It is hard to do that when things are moving, however. Any pointers?

Tony

PS: I actually missed a couple of excellent photo opportunities on the way into town, with the way the sun's rays were fanning out from behind the clouds and through the fog. The best was watching an Airbus 319 lift off from the airport, out over the valley, rising through the fog. However, it is rather imprudent to stop the car in hectic morning traffic to take a couple of photos. Bummer.

Attached Files:

2. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Wow, great sky effects here! Love them!

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Nice captures of the rays. It's been a long time since I've seen that many C130s in one place. :)

4. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks guys. Bimjo, there are 8 stationed there. I heard some will be on the way to OK to help with disaster relief.

Tony

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice atmosphere.

6. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks Dave.