1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

DxO optics pro 8

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ilovenex, Jun 18, 2013.

1. ilovenex

ilovenex TalkEmount Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Vancouver
    Hi, has anybody used this software for editing and what do they think of it? Please share.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

2. Electric Shepherd

Electric Shepherd TalkEmount Regular

May 12, 2012
    Leicestershire, U.K.
    Ben
    I have it but v rarely use it these days as I've moved to a Lightroom based workflow.

It used to have a big selling point about it's lens correction abilities, but now Adobe has added that it's less of an issue. It has the ability to vary colour rendering, so you could make a Nex-3 look like a Nikon D4 if you so fancied. It does a good job of coaxing dynamic range out of Raw files but I find it more "clunky" to use compared to Adobe products, e.g. highlight recovery is much simpler to achieve in LR. It also has no local adjustment feature or gradient ability which I think really does it for me.

I'm sure you can get a free trial, download it and let us know what you think.

3. ilovenex

ilovenex TalkEmount Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Vancouver
    What exactly is this workflow everyone is talking about

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Workflow is the steps you take to process your pics on the computer. If you shoot jpegs and only download them into a folder on your hard drive that's your workflow. If you shoot RAW and import them to Photoshop while converting them to DNG files and then open them in Photoshop, tweak them to you liking, resize them, convert them to jpegs, upload them to the interwebs then that's your workflow.

Hundreds of millions of photographers, hundreds of millions of workflows. ;)

5. Fiddler

Fiddler TalkEmount Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    Edinburgh
    Colin
    I use it and like it. It's very simple and easy to use.