• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

DxO acquires Nik Collection from Google

mattia

TalkEmount Veteran
DxO has already added the U-point tech to their own software giving it really powerful local editing for the first time. Gives me little reason to need Lightroom any more - Prime noise reduction, excellent lens profiles, sharpening, and now powerful brushes and easy masking tech? Good stuff.

G

guybe

Do you need the DXO photolab first to receive the Nik collection and DXO photolab is easier to use than Lightroom?

mattia

TalkEmount Veteran
I don't think they're distributing the Nik Collection right now - they've bought the technology and integrated some of it into PhotoLab.

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
I am BW type film shoot who has crossed the river to digital. Looking for processing ideas...Have downloaded the above noted software and us ancient but decent Adobe 6. Looking to process color to BW on desktop...and shortcut learning curve to save time! I can pick your brains?

Tipton

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Rae Leggett
We're always picking each others brains here, go ahead.

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
Obviously I am clueless...I just want to do it right, and consistently...film, to me, was way easier...even taking the pics, the easy part, is digitally challenging.

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
bobbill,
You can also try out the black and white filters in ON1 Effects 10. ON1 made that a free download. And it's able to run stand alone. It just pesters you to buy the new suite each time you start it. :)

Now that you're shooting Sony, don't forget to try out a free copy of Capture One for Sony Express.

Mus Aziz

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Mus
I am BW type film shoot who has crossed the river to digital. Looking for processing ideas...Have downloaded the above noted software and us ancient but decent Adobe 6. Looking to process color to BW on desktop...and shortcut learning curve to save time! I can pick your brains?

Have a look here:

Nexnut

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Ken
You can also try out the black and white filters in ON1 Effects 10. ON1 made that a free download. And it's able to run stand alone. It just pesters you to buy the new suite each time you start it. :)
Actually PE10 is a downgrade from PE9.5, at least feature wise (less filters). Maybe ON1 found out that they've been too generous with the older version :biggrin: . I'm still on 9.5 and have been using it far more than the Nik suite (for which I paid for).

• Informative
Reactions: WNG

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
Actually PE10 is a downgrade from PE9.5, at least feature wise (less filters). Maybe ON1 found out that they've been too generous with the older version :biggrin: . I'm still on 9.5 and have been using it far more than the Nik suite (for which I paid for).

Can one still find the older version floating around somewhere?

Latest threads

Top Bottom